Author Topic: MBT shoes to help balance?????  (Read 4212 times)

tenai98

MBT shoes to help balance?????
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:30:32 am »
MBT (Masai Barefoot Technology) are shoes  that are suppose to recreate the felling of walking barefoot in the sand, constately rebalancing your body and recruiting muscles in the legs butt and back and abs. Article says the shoes improve posture and increase muscle activity.  Anyone hear of these or have tried them...At this point, I think they are only available in the US...I've tried to find them here in Canada

JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: MBT shoes to help balance?????
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:00:33 am »
My girlfriend bought a pair and along with the shoes comes a CD.  They state these shoes are not for people with balance problems.  I bought a pair of "earth shoes", the negative heal type, different from MASAI as the bottoms are not "curved".  Don't know if you ever used one of those balance boards in vestibular rehab or not, but it was difficult for me when I practised on it and perhaps the MASAI shoe would be similar. 

I do know the earth brand shoes have helped to lengthen my hamstrings.  I have scoliosis (mild) with lordosis of the lumbar spine.  These shoes have helped tremendously with that.  I use them when walking on an incline or jogging on treadmill. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear