Author Topic: New here  (Read 13549 times)

cin605

Re: New here
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 07:52:21 pm »
I would like to give a big SALUTE to all you care givers as it can not be an easy task.
I am single mom of 14 year old boy.I know ther are days when he would like to not have to deal w/ my post op self too.
I also have days when i can not drive....i have not attempted to ride my mountain bike that has hung in the breezway for 2 years
I also have short term memory loss...dropping things has improved..i was breaking a couple dishes dailey now i am down to about 2 a month.i still tire very easy.Today i wnet to breakfast at small rstraunt that was very crowded i had to block my bad ear for most of the meal.I came home after n rested a bit then went to get mani-pedi....you would think i would be relaxed but when i got home totaly offf balance exausted.
I send prayers to all.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 06:15:24 am »
cin, you are very lucky to have your son to help you along and I'm sure that he understands that his mom is not 100% of herself and does what he can to help you out. I'm sorry that things are still a bit rough after a year, but hoping in time, you will be able to ride that mountain bike or to really be able to enjoy dinners out or a medi-pedi (sign me up for that one! I am SO overdue for such a pampering......). 

As much as I have relied on others in my life to help me with my numerous ailments (and trust me, its been VERY difficult for me to put my tail between my legs and allow myself to actually ask for "help" from others around me), for me to now be the caregiver for another, worrying about their safety, their abilities (and lack thereof), their resistance for those that offer assistance when they are desperately trying to remain independent..... I have learned that strength in numbers (as we do here, on the forums or in support groups, much like the ANA local support groups or other ailment support groups) is so very key to help with a caregivers role. 

cin, hang in there... here's hoping I/we get to see you at the October brunch in Worcester (I know its quite a distance but others along your drive root have noted willingness to "ride share"... please keep it in mind) and be able to give you a true healing huggle in person.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

cin605

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 08:06:45 am »
Thank You for the inspiration n support!
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old