Author Topic: Zeeks M.R.I. report  (Read 2871 times)

zeek

Zeeks M.R.I. report
« on: August 14, 2008, 08:24:21 pm »
Hey I have great news. My first 6 month M.R.I. showed no new regrowth. They thought they seen something on it, but upon further examination they said all was fine. So, next week I'm going on a vacation to celebrate. I don't have to go back until 6 months for another one. I hope, pray, and wish, that everyone on this site has as good results after surgery as I had. I went from being a drug dependant, depressed mess, to what I am today. In fact I'm planning a carribean cruise this coming winter to celebrate my next 6 month check up. The only long term lasting effects I now have is total loss of hearing in left ear. Good luck to you all.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: Zeeks M.R.I. report
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 08:29:01 pm »
WOW!  That is great news!  Congrats!  Go, celebrate..  You deserve it!

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

tumor

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:12:13 pm »
what did you have done? Gk or surgery or ck..just curious..

zeek

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:14:05 pm »
Last Feb I had surgery to remove a  A.N. I think it was 2 or 2.5 cm (large)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 09:37:33 am »
Zeek:

Congratulations on the MRI report!  I just had a good MRI report, too, and know the feeling of elation that can bring.  How ironic that what seems like adversity can sometimes bring positive change, as it has in your life.  I wish you a fabulous vacation cruise and many good days ahead.. :)

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 03:06:25 pm »
Zeek -

first and foremost, congratulatiosn on the MRI!  Wonderful news!

Second - any room on that cruise for the rest of us?  ;D  I'm confident you'll have a wonderful time.

It seems like just yesterday, you were depressed about your AN and we were trying to encourage you to enjoy the good things in life.  I'm glad you're not depressed anymore and I'm hopeful we had a little something to do with that.

Although it's bound to make me extremely jealous, please give us a full report on your cruise when you return.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

zeek

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 09:54:17 pm »
Thanks for the kind words. Next week a buddy of mine and myself are going on a vacation. Then as I stated earlier, I'm planning on a carribean cruise this winter. I'll check in when I can. And hopefully be of some help to someone out there. ( I have to have some time for FUN you know) By the way, I'm going to be on a board of a new charitable organization soon. Details later. Were trying to help some of the poor in India. Someone on here suggested such a thing for me, and to my surprise, it was dropped in my lap out of the blue! (Good therapy)

sgerrard

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 10:57:49 pm »
Hi Zeek,

Great update. Sounds like you are feeling much better, and the MRI result is most welcome. Enjoy the vacation!

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 08:07:45 am »
Zeek,

Great news! Definately worth celebrating and have a terrific vacation! Don't forget to send us a postcard! :)

Continued wellness wishes to you!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 08:21:17 am »
Sorry, Zeek, thought the cruise was next week.  I've got to stop reading posts when I'm overtired  :-[ - if that time ever comes  ::)

The charitable organization board sounds great.  Am hoping to find some time myself to do something like that one of these days.  Please give us details when you can.

Thanks,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways