Author Topic: High Cholesterol and AN  (Read 3965 times)

lori67

Re: High Cholesterol and AN
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 09:01:25 pm »
Oh, hey Jan...

I hadn't seen you post for a few days and I knew you were sooo busy working that I figured you might overlook that little mention of paying the bills....

Nothing gets past you, I see!   ::)

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 10:04:07 pm »
Hi Anne Marie,
Sorry I haven't returned to this thread lately.  My participation has been sporadic due to my recent obsession with the Olympics.  I find them really fascinating and always have, especially the events that rely on great balance (imagine that!  Gymnastics is my favorite event.  I really thought Shawn nad Natia would clinch Silver and Gold but Silver and Bronze is nothing toi sneeze at.  It sounds like you, Lori ,Kay and Debbi,have been doing quite a bit of planning for  shopping sprees, especially for shoes.  Shopping is one of my favorite passtimes and I love shoes.  I'm like Debbi, I like to get my sandals at the end of the season and give myself a present the following Spring.  last year I bought four pairs of thongs for $65.00 total -- the non-sale price would have been over $200 so it was a fantastic buy and a  win-win situation!  Thank you JC Penney!!!  I'll have to see how I do this year.  Sorry to hear your problems with high cholesterol have not gotten any better but now that you are off your meds hopefully it will go down.  How are the headaches and did you doc say what you can take for them?

Hi Lori --How are you?  I see you're up to your usual hijinx!!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 10:06:20 pm »
Yes, Lori, your elder sister has finally returned  ;)

It took me a few days to get back into the swing of things and start posting again, but I think I have the hang of it now.

Missed you guys!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 10:49:34 am »
Hi Wendy,

I don't know how the cholesterol is going, it's too soon to test.  I'm off the med's, and the headaches are brutal.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I am developing another scar neuroma.  I have to call the Doctor.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

JulieE

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 03:17:17 pm »
Hi Anne Marie, 
 What is a scar neuroma?  At any rate, I hope the headaches can be explained by something else, and the Dr. will come up with a non choleserl raising cure for them.
Sincerely,
Julie

lori67

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 04:37:22 pm »
Wendy -

Me?  Hi-jinx?  You must have me confused with someone else - Jan probably.   :D  I'm slowly trying to get into a new routine now that my 5 year old started Kindergarten and I get to play taxi driver.  Whatever happened to walking to school - uphill..both ways...in the snow... Kids are so spoiled these days.   :D

Anne Marie -  sorry to hear about the return of the headaches.  Seems like we spend an awful lot of time fixing one problem, and then something else breaks!  When all else fails - shop til you drop!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 06:15:25 pm »
Hi Lori,
I know you are so sweet and innocnet my little sister,you would never, ever be up to anyting.  How could I make such an accusation?  I know what you mean about becoming a taxi driver.  I'm in a carpool with three other people in the morning but in the afternoon, I'm pretty much on my  own -- my daughters were in the same school last year but my 14 year old is starting high school (I feel so old when I say that) so we're back to a two school run.  I don't know what time she'll get out and there are no school buses and no public trasportation that will get her closer than 3/4 of a mile to the house -- it's over 2 miles to her school from here so I have no choice about picking her up.  She would never be able to make it ti school on time in the morning -- school starts at 7:15 a.m.  What are the school boards thinking?  My 12 year old will be in the carpool too.  Her school is only about 1/2 mile away so I'll make her walk home when the weather isn't bad.  Once school starts I definitely feel like a chauffer more than any other time  of year.

Ann Marie -- Sorry for the hijack.  Hope you had a better day today.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!