Author Topic: This Week In The Ever Capricious AN World  (Read 4764 times)

LADavid

This Week In The Ever Capricious AN World
« on: August 03, 2008, 08:28:40 pm »
Since I'm not sure that it's getting noticed in the deep dank cellars of Pre-Op Options and there are those that need support in the week ahead (personally not included -- I'm resigned to the MRI tube of claustrophobia), I thought I'd repost this message in the more friendly confines of the Community.

Looks to be an active week.

First up on Tuesday, Jackie (from Beaverton -- home of Nike -- near Portland) gets the results of her MRI and audiology tests.  Jackie here's hoping that there is no more growth and the the thing has actually been shrinking.

Also on Tuesday, Windy heads to my old hometown of Pittsburgh for a GK at UMPC.  Windy, best wishes for a very successful procedure.  And while you are there, enjoy Pittsburgh.  Since you'll be so close by, make sure to visit the Carnegie Museum.

And finally for Tuesday, it looks like I have something to do.  I'm heading down the road to St Vincents for an MRI because my surgeon said something wasn't right.  Hmmm.

Then on Wednesday, Sue L is having an AN surgery in Lebanon NH.  Best wishes and much success Sue.

And finally, on Saturday, Joef is celebrating the third anniversary of his AN surgery.  Way to go Joef!!!

Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.  But as a reminder to all of you with upcoming surgeries, procedures, tests, anniversaries, birthdays, achievements, new puppies and all the other exciting AN things, please note them on the calendar (link below on my signature line) so we can all be there for you.  It's a pretty simple process.  Even as a techno-challenged type, I actually managed it.

That's it for this week.  But just wanted to say, looking back on July, there were a lot of great successes.  It really has been a blessing for all of us and for all of you who are on-deck, hopefully an inspiration.

Have a great week everyone.

David

Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: This Week In The Ever Capricious AN World
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 11:32:46 pm »
David -

I responded to your other post, but forgot to say that I'm very impressed with your use of the word "capricious"  ;)

Does this mean that Jim Scott's influence is reaching you too?

Jan, the inveterate, droll maven  ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 12:14:25 am »
Jan
As a writer, I know the big words.  I just don't use them.  They confuse me and everyone around me.  In my postie world, I avoid anything more than the two syllable words -- although I do realize that syllable is a three syllable word.  It's a rarity --opps another three syllable word.  I need to break this 3-syl habit.  Actually the word capricious was an attempt to modify our mercurial AN world.  Yikes -- a four syllable word.  Dave go now.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:12:32 am »
Hi David,
Just wanted to say I'm very impressed with your three and four syllable word vocabulary, ha, ha. Did the doc say anything more than something didn't look right?  When are you going for your MRI and when do you expect to get the results?  You've certainly been through the wringer and I hope everything is alright.  Keep us posted.

Wishing you luck,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 05:25:19 am »
One heck of a busy week in the AN realm of life is an understatement! Thanks David for keeping us updated on everyone... and as for you.... may that claustrophobic magnetic cylander find nothing wrong....  I'll have a 2mg valium for ya as you go through it.....

And for all those enduring something in their life this week relative to an AN... sending wellness wishes, as always!

Hang in there... you know I'm cheering you on... but not the LA Angels OR Dodgers (can you say Manny who?)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LADavid

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 09:36:35 am »
Thank you all.

And Phyl, you know Manny.  The guy who plays for the Boston Red So...er I mean used to play.  Let's see where is it that he plays now?  Hmmmmm.  I know it's somewhere around here.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 10:37:08 am »
Hey, David

You missed one, but that's ok. I got you covered.

On Wednesday Nancy is having retro surgery at HEI.

Good luck Nancy. I'm praying for Drs with steady hands and for a steady L.A.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 11:22:28 am »
Actually I don't think David "missed" Nancy.  She was a late-comer - just put her surgery on the calendar last night, I believe.

And this is a duplicate thread about this week's treatments.  Nancy is on the other thread.

Which leads me to ask,

David - why are we posting weekly treatments in two places?  I often read duplicate posts from others and it not only confuses me, but I find myself answering the same thread with the same information twice.  Can we come up with one place to post weekly treatments? 

Just a thought,

Jan (one syllable word)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 12:10:17 pm »
Jan~
Kay is one syllable too - you think that says something about us???   ???

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

LADavid

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 01:35:03 pm »
Wendy -- Actually -- something isn't right -- was all the doctor said.  I was sort of hoping he would elaborate.  I'm not sure when he'll get the results -- but he said he would call me once they have them.  Sometime this week -- I guess.  What I'm thinking about all this is that my nerves are late-bloomers and really taking their time.  How are you feeling?

And Jan, the reason why I posted in two places was just to confuse you.  Actually it's just me -- until folks get used to the PreOp Options place, I didn't want anyone to go un-noticed.  But if it is confusing, I won't do it -- maybe just pop reminders around.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 03:28:35 pm »
Good luck to everyone and all their various treatments, procedures, office visits, outcomes, etc.

Capricious is a great word.  One of my favorite words is hellacious  As in, David will have a hellacious hour in the dreaded MRI (cue the deep voice and echo...)  Chamber of Claustrophobia.  Bwaa, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.  Seriously, David, I hope everything goes okay for you.

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 05:02:52 pm »
He's been kinda quiet about it but rsteph is having translab on Tuesday in Dallas.  Go get 'em Russell!
M
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

LADavid

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 05:20:21 pm »
Thanks for the update Marci.

Have a great surgery, Russell and a fast, restful recovery

My David
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Tamara

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 05:21:15 pm »
Maybe we should title this, "As the AN World Turns"  Hmm.  Just a thought.  Wherever you decide to put the thread, just make sure you let us know.

David - Hope your MRI goes well...if it helps any, just remember that you spent the first nine months of your life somewhere smaller....

To all the others, please let us know is you have scribes to keep us updated.  Or maybe the radiosurgery forumites will be lucky enough to start their own update threads.  You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Is anyone else having a heck of a time keeping up lately?  I'm feeling lucky to just read it all, much less respond.

Tammy
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

LADavid

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 06:22:24 pm »
Hey Tammy
As long as folks are putting their dates on the calendar, I can pretty much keep up pre-surgery.  But where I'm really getting lost is what is happening to the posties.  Which brings me to -- how are you?  I remember that you had some initial issues.  Everything OK?
David
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.