Author Topic: TUMOR SHRINKERS  (Read 8390 times)

TOM101

TUMOR SHRINKERS
« on: August 03, 2008, 02:24:57 pm »
I have been waiting since feb 2006, going from 1.2 to 1.6 approx. I am looking for tumor shrinkers and want to know if any of you are familiar with Dr. Maruta's studies and the forum "NF2Trialtalk" ? These people are taking Propolis 30 which is a BEE extract that shrunk AN's in mice. It is being tested in Japan with 14  Participants but members of the yahoo forum are also involved. It is good for NF1 as well as NF2 but no definate results I can find on humans. I have also found that Oriental (chinese Pepper Extracts, Herbs have been effective for shrinking and or stabilizing tumors. I took propolis for about 3 months just after my last MRI but stopped. My next MRI is in October. If it doesn't change from last year, I'll probably try the Propolis again.
I'm tired of waiting as I'm sure you all are. If anyone has any other natural tumor shrinkers they have found, please let me know.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: TUMOR SHRINKERS
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 03:04:12 pm »
HMMMM....I would be curious to know also. I have heard of the bee pollen study....
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 11:00:16 pm »
Tom -

I have never heard of this study, nor have I heard of any other ways to "shrink" a tumor.  But then again, I don't know everything there is to know about tumors.

There have been others on this forum who attempted to "treat" their acoustic neuromas holistically, but they were unsuccessful.

From what I know, the only proven ways to treat ANs are with radiation or surgery. 

If your MRI in October doesn't change, it might be a very good idea to seriously consider radiation or surgery.  Although ANS are typically slow growing, the larger they get before they are treated, the higher your chances of hearing loss, facial nerve damage, etc. 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 12:28:18 am »
Tom,

Don't be hoodwinked. Too many pirahners out there with false so called studies. A properly conducted medical study will usually take between 5 and 10 years. It will be run through an appropriate medical journal and not on a yahoo chat site.

I read about a "study" once that some group of scientists tried to prove that smoking kills (I mean we know it does, but get a load of this), they pumped enough nicotine into the mouse that a human would never inhale in a lifetime and guess what - it killed the mouse. Their report was carefully worded and very misleading.

Anyway, to facts, Jan is spot on, you can try surgery and/or radiation or watch and wait. My re-growth is 22mm and i am watching.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Mickey

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 08:20:49 am »
Iv`e been W+W for about a year now. Stable so far with next mri in Sept. Have had symptoms for 30 years but actually diognosed 1 year. I always have been on a nice regiment of vitimin minerals herbs etc. Bee Propolis I know for sure won`t hurt you and in any case is a good antioxident. In any case I`ll try mostly anything that I can research and get favorable feedback. I`m sure whatever good you put into your body has positive effects including exercise and a positive outlook. Good Luck Mickey

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 07:04:25 am »
Tom,
Welcome tpo the forum!  Sorry you have had to find us, but we are glad that you did if that makes any sense at all!  I had trans lab for my first 3.5 AN and now I have been blessed with a NF2.  I am wait and watch for that one and would be very interested in any "natural shrinkage" I can find.  I have been investigating radiation for this go round because I do not want to lose my hearing in my left ear.  I don't sign well.  I hope you find good information and help here.  Good luck
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:01 pm »
Its called propolis bio 30 or just bio 30. If you google bio 30 NF it will show you some articles. On the NF2 board they are starting to track people who are taking it and will release results later. It shows to be a good tumor shrinker.

It is not available in the USA.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

tony

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 05:45:43 am »
Actually NZ based Propolis - water based, is available stateside
Its the actual brand bio 30 that is not commonly availiable
The bio 30 refers to the % strength of the solution
The New Zealand source generally is better for the CAPE content
- and the water based is easier for the human gut to digest
If you search New Zealand propolis - there are USA entries
from Heath Food shops and Distributors
- other branded versions
Will it work with conventional ANs ? - no-one (to my knowledge) has ever tried...
Best Regards
Tony

Mickey

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 10:53:48 am »
Iv`e been on honey beepollen and propolis. I`ve also been on a healthy diet with multivitimins minerals and herbs. Include exercise and a few things like red rice yeast, omega 3, kelp, is just about all I need . I havn`t taken medicine in a while and in general am in good health except for my .12x.06 AN. My third MRI coming on Sept. 17 with the last one stable. Got my fingers crossed! Mickey