Author Topic: Any tinnitus getting better after AN treatment?  (Read 2192 times)

Mickey

Any tinnitus getting better after AN treatment?
« on: July 30, 2008, 08:17:30 am »
 Just liked to know for the future in making my decision some day to have AN treatment.  I guess you can say I`ve gotten used to it over the years but sure would like to know what its like to experience quiet other than when I`m sleeping. Thanks, Mickey

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Any tinnitus getting better after AN treatment?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 02:03:13 pm »
Mickey:

I can't blame you but to be honest, I wouldn't count on losing your tinnitus after surgery.  Of course, anything is possible and I'm sure that has happened....but not very often.  Sorry.  I wish I could be more positive but false hope (like resistance to the Borg) is futile.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Boppie

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:22:18 pm »
I have moments when I try to remember silence, but the quiet is gone from me, too!  My best times are listening to the ocean and listening to little birds chirping in the morning.  I can forget tinnitus for times like these. 

Sound masking machines work for some people in the same way that nature sounds work. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:25:02 pm by Boppie »

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 07:09:07 pm »
I do Neuoromics as of now which kind of tones down the noise. Got to do what we can and accept the rest I guess. Thanks, Mickey

Tamara

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 06:56:58 am »
I seem to be the oddball in so many ways...but one of them was that the tinnitus is greatly diminished or possibly gone after surgery.  No guarantees on that though...

Tammy
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...