Author Topic: ...and then it happened  (Read 17860 times)

LADavid

Re: ...and then it happened
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 08:11:10 pm »
Jan
By making pirates day one day a week, I was merely trying to provide the pretense that our staggering is strickly a result of the dreaded wonky-head.  Heaven forbid the medical profession catch on to the fact that most of us are rum-soaked fish-hatcheryites.  They would have a field day disavowing wonky-headedness.  But what the heck, let's make everyday Pirate Day.  Let the rum flow.

Jan?  Lori?  Payroll?  Does it pay more than my incredible ANA Forum payroll?  Talk to me.  Let's keep my agent out of this.  I am quite sure she doesn't lurk on this board.  Jessica?  You don't lurk do you?

signed - some anonymous former actor
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2008, 09:24:30 am »
Dear anonymous former actor -

I was literally laughing out loud as I read your response.

If it were up to me, I'd pay you a huge salary with no cut for Jessica.  No offense, Jessica  ;)

I'm confident my business-partner/partner-in-crime Lori would agree.

Jan, your fellow rum-soaked fish-hatcheryite  :D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2008, 10:55:57 pm »
Maybe we can apply for some sort of research grant to pay our expenses.  It is all in the name of science, you know.  No personal gain to be had for us.   ;)

Lori

Lori,
With the right wording, you can get a grant for almost anything.  Remember the cow flatulence study showing how the byproducts of cows severely affected our ozone?   :o
LA David could be our grant writer (and add some Hollywood flair) and we could have Jim throw in a few fancy words so no one really knew what we were doing.   ;)

there is a grant out there somewhere for this ... have a cousin that got a grant to study the sex life of some New Mexican lizards to figure out why their numbers were declining...  :o ... $35,000 a year in government money for four years back in the mid 1980s... she didn't find a way to get the lizards to be friskier and procreate , but the money paid for a house in the desert and food in her stomach as she collected a filled aquariums with the little critters ... she now raises heritage sheep and geese for wool ,down and meat in the mountains of Colorado ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2008, 08:49:06 am »
Lori & David -

I say we contact Soundy's cousin ASAP!!!  :D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

LADavid

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2008, 11:10:42 am »
All for it, Jan.  But I'm sorta guessing that Judy already researched this stuff.  But what if she didn't and there's untold billions, maybe even hundreds waiting for us to latch onto to build AN World, a magical kingdom where the rides go slow and don't spin around making you dizzy.  Featuring the greatest ride of all, the Wonky-Head where you don't do anything but stand there and let your brain to the rest.  And where all the food won't have any taste cuz we can't taste it anyway.  Ah the dreams.  If there is this vast treasure trove, I am quite sure Judy would let us have it because she knows we wouldn't do anything silly with it.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

Cheryl R

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2008, 11:23:10 am »
There would have to be a chocolate booth as too many females are here.           We can't live without chocolate!
    We are going to the Iowa State fair this Thurs.      We go every year in spite of my interesting walking at times.     I will count how many people 'bumps" I do.      I am sure some will imagine I just had too much to drink.          We avoid the weekends as is too crowded then.         
They are letting people in free the first day before 8 am and are going to have a event soon after to have the most corn dogs ate at one time.               I love them but my husband has never ate one but will be Thurs!
                                                  Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Kaybo

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2008, 06:51:15 pm »
Jan & Lori~
Hey!  I'm in on the research/development (at the spa) trip!  I think we can get the MOST work done in Maui or Cancun - it is just the most condusive to "research..."

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2008, 11:26:03 pm »
K -

I'm voting for Maui - went there pre-children and it was beautiful!  I need to go again before I die  :D

Although, at this point, Cheryl's trip to the Iowa State Fair sounds pretty promising too - and I've never been there before!

Maybe David could write me a grant request for funds to see if corn dogs have any affect on deafness caused by AN's and I could spend my time at the fair researching that topic  8)

Jan

LADavid

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2008, 11:51:45 pm »
Jan
Ugh on the corndogs.  If you want some really good corn eating, try the Orange County Fair -- 30 or so miles south of me.  They have incredible roasted corn smothered in butter.  I'm considering going there for the corn -- oh yeah -- and to see Sammy Hager -- actually more for the corn.  I am absoluteluy sure there is a grant somewhere for corn eating and Sammy Hager partying.  It goes along with that mystical AN kingdom.
And Jan and Kay -- cut down on the travel time and take Cancun or the Virgin Islands.  After the first or second portion of rum, you won't know where you are anyway except in the sun listening to reggae and the surf.  Been there -- both places.
David
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 07:27:18 am »
David -

you're probably right on the corndogs - actually I've never eaten one in my life.  I should probably wait to see what Cheryl's husband thinks of them before I commit  ;)

Rum, sun, surf, reggae?  I'm there.  Have you booked my flight yet?  ;D

Jan

Kaybo

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 07:55:42 am »
David~
We have been to Cancun several times for that very reason - we can get there so much faster and have more time to relax!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2008, 10:13:26 am »
Oh my goodness, I'm far behind here...

Ok, first of all, David, I will gladly put you on the payroll.  Unfortunately, your first check has already been earmarked for the rum fund, so you won't actually see any cash for a little while.  You understand... :D  Jan can give you a personal loan if you need it - I hear she's loaded.  With money, not rum.  Well...maybe both.

And I'm in for the trip to anywhere there's a beach, palm trees, water, sand and boat drinks.  Maybe we can research the effects of sun on AN's?  The use of sand in vestibular therapy?  The use of Rum Runners in vestibular therapy?

And let's not forget the chocolate!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.