Author Topic: THIS WEEK 7/20 IN THE AN WORLD  (Read 4121 times)

LADavid

THIS WEEK 7/20 IN THE AN WORLD
« on: July 20, 2008, 10:18:40 am »
Hi All
What started to be a quiet week, suddenly got busy.

Anne Marie (Yartick) starts out the week on Tuesday with a removal of a scar neuroma in Toronto.  Finally, it looks like she might get some pain relief.  For those of you who don't know, this won't be a pleasant procedure.  Anne Marie needs our prayers and support.  You have mine Anne Marie.  I'll be praying for you and hope that this leads to the end of your pain.  And by the way, great new picture!

Also on Tuesday, Marcie (MAlegant) has a Translab at Cleveland Clinic. I think she just set some record for the shortest time from diagnosis to surgery -- 2 weeks.  Not much time to fret over it.  Best wishes Marcie for a very successful surgey and a fast return to running and singing.  Debbi is going to keep us all posted.

And finishing the week on Friday, Wendy (Wendysig) is having a Translab at Mout Sinai Hospital in New York City.  It really seems like a long time coming.  It's finally going to happen.  Best wishes Wendy for a very successful surgery and a speedy return back to the group.  Will someone update us?

And then we have three thirty-something birthdays at the end of the week.  Melissa (Daydreamer) joins the group as she turns 30 on Friday woo-hoo!  And on Saturday, Katie (KRbonner) and Danijake have birthdays.  Hope y'all have great ones.

Have a great week everyone.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: THIS WEEK 7/20 IN THE AN WORLD
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:59:39 am »
Hey David,
Thanks for posting my surgery--I'll take any and all thoughts and prayers.  I will be at University Hospitals, not Cleveland Clinic, and I don't think they are planning translab, but I'll get the scoop tomorrow and let you all know.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:28:46 pm »
Thanks David for your kind words and prayers.  I'm excited and scared ****-less at the same time!!  Having the support of my family and friends me means the world to me.  Poor Louie having to be my strong shoulder yet again.  It's a good thing his shoulders are broad! ;D 

I wish everyone else well this week and Happy Birthday to our birthday girls.  Wish I was turning 30 again!!  That was a very good year for me.  Gave birth to my 3rd son Anthony and as soon as I slimmed down I was pregnant with my 4th son Gabriel.  Must of been something I was drinking....haven't figured it out yet ::)

Marci my surgery sister good luck on Tuesday and Wendy your surgery is on Friday and it's my husband's birthday, I too wish you good luck.

Anne Marie

P.S. David I glad you like my picture.  Actually it was a good day last Sunday when it was taken, we celebrated my father-in-laws 81st birthday.  He is like the energizer bunny.....I wish I had his energy!
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 05:50:58 pm »
I think I have already posted on two of these three, but no harm in doing it once more with feeling. :)

Anne Marie, best wishes for your scar neuroma surgery on Tuesday. I hope I never know first hand what that is, and I hope you can soon forget it yourself.

Marci, best wishes for your AN surgery on Tuesday, regardless of which procedure you are having or at which hospital. Hopefully someone knows. I think you will be singing better than ever afterwards.

Wendy, now that you have had lunch with the gang in NY, you should be well prepared for surgery on Friday. Get well soon after, so you can make the next luncheon as well.

Steve

8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 11:15:37 pm »
Good luck Anne Marie, Marci, and Wendy.  I'll be thinking of you guys and keeping you in my prayers.

Put yourselves into the very competent, qualified hands of your surgeons and relax.  Your surgeries will be over before you know it and you'll be joining your fellow forumites in postie land   ;D

Best wishes for three speedy recoveries!

As for our birthday girls, I hope you all have fantastic days.  My best advice is - do something special for yourself; make the most of your special day.  Wish I were 30 again; heck, I'd probably even settle for 40 one more time   ;)  Party on, ladies  ;D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Tamara

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 06:11:51 am »
Dear Anne-Marie, Marci, and Wendy -
  All of you will be in my thoughts and prayers this week - best wishes for a safe an uneventful journey to the other side.  Do you all have scribes to keep us updated on your progress??  Anne-Marie, will you be out of commission for a while, also?

Tammy
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 07:04:40 am »
Anne Marie, Marci, Wendy - you GO, girls!!  All my prayers headed your way and hoping you are all feeling much better by this time next week.

Marci and Wendy, I'll start a surgery update thread for each of you as soon as I hear from your hubbies. 

Breathe, everyone, breathe!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 01:54:02 pm »
I just started Marci's thread under AN Community

Go, Marci!!
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 07:06:10 pm »
Thanks, Debbi.

Going there to read it now.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 09:09:47 am »
Best of luck to everyone this week.  I'll be thinking of you!

And while I may still qualify as a thirty-something, I'm much closer to 40 than to 30!  LOL!  At least my kidlets keep me young at heart.   :)

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 11:47:23 am »
Anne-Marie, Marci, and Wendy:

Let me belatedly add my own good wishes and prayers for you all as you undergo your respective surgeries.  May you have much success and rapid recoveries. :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.