Author Topic: Eye is Acting CRAZY!  (Read 4166 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

Eye is Acting CRAZY!
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:14:26 am »
Okay. I have have facial paralysis and getting some recovery. I was taking my son to school this morning and I couldn't hardly drive for my the muscles around my eye squeezing and jumping around. I could actually see it in the mirror. I have an eyelid stick on weight and have been exercising my eye to strengthen the blink per my therapist instructions. I wasn't doing anything this morning......just driving and not trying to move anything and my eye was going NUTS. What do you think is going on? It's even doing it right now as I type.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Eye is Acting CRAZY!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:05:42 am »
Hey Angie. Can you call your facial therapist and ask what might be going on?

Hope it settles down for you. On the plus side . . . there's movement!

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 10:20:49 am »
hi, this happened to me one night in the bath my upper eye lid starting twitching like crazy, the next day i noticed my eyelid look as if it had moved slightly down, i has a gold weight in my eye.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:05:41 pm by jazzfunkanne »
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 12:32:06 pm »
Here is a quick video that will show you what “nystagmus� can look like

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4900411642905092382&vt=lf&hl=en

I had this for a temporary period days 3 – 8  after my surgery.  In my case it was caused by brain swelling and required I take Diamox (a diuretic anti-inflammatory nasty pharmaceutical drug)

Are you simply having some twitching of muscles around the eye or is the eye going bazirk in a horizontal pattern – such as in the nystagmus video?

If you think you are having nystagmus you need to see your neurotologist ASAP. You could also see an ophthalmologist- either of these professionals can assess your situation and refer you to a “neuro -ophthalmologist�

Please know that I am now just fine and my eye is back to 99% function… and I may just be barking up the wrong tree here … Nevertheless this is not normal AN recovery and you need to get this checked out by a professional medical practioner.

If it is just the muscles twitching (i.e. muscle spasm) around the eye- you should check with your qualified neuromuscular facial retraining therapist.

Keep us posted.

DHM
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:06:18 pm by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 12:37:30 pm »
I am seeing in your other posts that you have a history of Hemifacial spasm…

Here is a video example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RejdFpEw5yw

Is your atypical eye movement more like this video ….or the precious one on nystagmus?

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 02:55:40 pm »
Hi. It isn't hemifacial spasm as I had that for 5 years and that is why I had the surgery (MVD) which caused the paralysis. I didn't have an AN but had damage to my facial nerve like Sara. So this isn't that as the surgery got rid of the spasms. My eyeball is fine and doesn't move abnormal. It is the muscles around the eye and under it that squeeze then let go and are going crazy. Feels weird.

Kaybo

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 05:16:23 pm »
Angie~
Let's hope it is a sign that things are a changin"!!!    ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 07:01:50 pm »
Sounds to me like things are waking up!
What exercises do you do to strengthen you eye lid?...just curious.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

jazzfunkanne

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 10:18:05 am »
hi, the exercises i was told to do for making the lids stronger is the surprise wide look with your eyes without moving your eyebrows you will notice your lids stretch.
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06