Author Topic: Fractionated Stereotactic Radio Therapy FSRT  (Read 2615 times)

28 Fracs

Fractionated Stereotactic Radio Therapy FSRT
« on: July 01, 2008, 05:58:28 pm »
I'm 19 treatments into 28 total FSRT. My AN is 1.5 cm and I retain decent hearing so I was a good candidate for this approach. Has anyone out there gone this route? Anything to share? thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:07:00 pm by 28 Fracs »

Peggy

Re: Fractionated Stereotactic Radio Therapy FSRT
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 06:54:53 am »
I had 26 treatments of FSR , I went to Jefferson over in Philly Pa, my last treatment was in Dec. just recently I've experienced some dizzyness, but not enough to keep me down, so far my hearing is the same (as far as I can tell).  where are you having your treatments?  I do remember during my treatments, towards the end of them I was feeling sick to my stomach, the radiologist game me something to take for it and it helped.  also felt very tired for a long time after I was finished but that has gone too.  good luck 

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 07:16:01 am »
28 Fracs:

Hello and welcome. 

I underwent retro surgery in June, 2006 to debulk a 4.5 cm AN.  That surgery was followed by 26 FSR treatments 3 months later as part of a comprehensive plan to destroy the tumor and avoid any nerve damage.  The surgery was successful with no complications.  The radiation treatments were also successful with no side effects.  The tumor showed necrosis at my last MRI scan.  Another MRI is scheduled for later this month.  Both my neurosurgeon and I are optimistic.  Hearing preservation was not a factor as my hearing had been lost some years prior to my AN diagnosis.

I wish you the same success (but retaining your hearing) with your FSR treatment.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mema

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 04:00:41 pm »
I had 26 treatments in Nov-Dec of 2005.  My most recent MRI in June showed no growth.  Yea!

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.