Author Topic: Botox with my AN please  (Read 3990 times)

Yvette

• Yvette
Botox with my AN please
« on: June 24, 2008, 07:40:53 pm »
ANyone asked their doc if you can have a "fun" addition to the surgery procedure? I wish I had asked for a little chin lipo. The Mayo ENTs also work in cosmetic procedures. Phsycologically, it would have helped me ( I could have pretended it was a spa visit:-)
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Botox with my AN please
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:25:26 pm »
Like lots of others, I'm sure, I asked my docs if they could take a lot of fat for my fat graft  :D

Unfortunately, they said no  :(

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

shygirl

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 01:49:41 am »
I was very thin, but I have a fatty bootie. I begged the docs to take the fat from my butt, but they wouldn't do it. Instead I have a deep indention on my tummy. Where, btw, I had hardly any fat. Why do they cut the belly right NEXT to the belly button? Why not under it? I only have bikinis and now I feel like I need to get a one-piece. Do Lori and James do plastic surgery in their garage?
2.1 cm AN
dx 7/07
translab 8/07
BAHA 2/08--processor 3/08
chronic headache sufferer

lori67

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 09:03:26 am »
If we do decide to move into the liposuction market in the garage (we do have a shop-vac...), I'm first!!!!

And shygirl - you're obviously looking way better than I am if you're "considering" a one piece bathing suit!  I'm hoping for the return of those 1920's bathing suits that looked more like potato sacks and covered everything.  They say all fashions make a comeback...I don't know what's taking that one so long!  Sorry, I just went bathing suit shopping last night and I'm still a bit traumatized.  :'(

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:45:08 am »
Lori -

I am SO with you on this.  I haven't worn a bikini since my early 20s - no not the 1920's  :D  I'm old, but I'm not THAT old  :o

Oh yea, and put me down as 2nd on the list for garage lipo  ;)

Shy -

my docs did the fat graft incision farther away from my belly button and on my left side - so in the future no one would confuse it with an appendix scar if I should end up in an ER unconscious.  With the positioning of my incision, I could probably wear a bikini - but at my age and in my shape, I wouldn't dare  ::) 

It's very impressive that you can comfortably wear a bikini - especially since I recall you saying you have 3 kids.  Major kudos to you  ;D  If it were me, I wouldn't stress about the scar, I'd wear the bikini.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

shygirl

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 11:46:52 am »
Lori & Jan-

I'll wait and see how the garage lipo affects ya'll before I get in line!!!! :D

I guess I'm in good shape for 3 kids. I am my worst critic, though. I could hide the stretch marks(TMI??) with a bikini, but...not the dent. I'll stick with wearing shorts with it. :)

Oh, and Lori..I don't think that 1920's style will come back anytime soon. Could you see the fashion show for that one? Ha!

Peace
2.1 cm AN
dx 7/07
translab 8/07
BAHA 2/08--processor 3/08
chronic headache sufferer

oHIo

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 10:22:44 pm »
My fat graft incision is very low on my left abdomen.  When I asked the doctor to point to where the incision would be, he told me not to worry, I could still wear a two piece bathing suit.  ::)  When I stopped laughing, I told him if anyone saw me running around in a bikini, they should call the men in the white coats and lock me up because I had surely lost my mind.  I haven't worn a two piece since childhood. 

A two sided lipo instead of a one sided dent would have been nice.  Oh well.