Author Topic: Father's Day  (Read 4229 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Father's Day
« on: June 14, 2008, 01:43:17 pm »
Wish all of you wonderful fathers a very Happy Father's Day. 

Hoping your families spoil you and treat you like KINGS  ;D

Anne Narie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Father's Day
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »
Thanks for starting this topic, Anne Marie.

Just wanted to add my wishes to all the fathers and grandfathers on the forum - have a great Father's Day tomorrow.

And take some time to relax - chances are you desire it  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 12:25:18 am »
Yep, same from me.  Happy Daddy's Day to the Dad's out there.   You guys are great!

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

OMG16

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 01:05:26 am »
I would like to add my well wishes to all of our Dads on the forum also.  HAPPY FATHERS DAY GUYS.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

claire1

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 10:07:10 am »
I want to wish all the DADS a very happy day with all the peacfullness and love it holds for you. You guys are the best*)
Claire

LADavid

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 11:12:08 pm »
Thanks AN family.  At least you were there :-\.  I'm thinking it does get better.  I guess it's a patience thing.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 06:09:44 am »
Thanks!   ;D

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 07:24:59 am »
Thanks, all!   :)

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

FlyersFan68

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 09:44:26 am »
I am leaving for Disney soon. This will be my first time there. My kids are 10 and 3. We will be there for 5 full days. We are staying at one of the resorts. I would love to attack the best things first and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I'm sure 5 days is not enough to do everything so what things are a "must do" and which things are a "don't bother". How would you rank 'em maybe 1-5 or even 1-10 ??? Thank You..

Cheryl R

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 10:27:39 am »
The 2005 AN Symposium was at Disney World and was at Coronado Springs resort.     We stayed then extra days to see all we wanted.          Staying at a resort is good as you can take the bus or monorail depending on where you are.   We used our rented car some too.     
Have you done any reading of books or websites?           The book  the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and will have 2008 is very good and what we used.            Their companion website is www.touringplans.com                 www.allears.net is good also.
Have you made reservations at any of the restaurants that have character meals?            Some can be expensive but have very good food.              We went toWhispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge and also the Crystal Palace at Magic Kingodm.            Also one at Epcot.
Pecos Bills at Frontierland in Magic Kingdom was a decent counter service food place.
It is very crowded and can be tiring for small children so planning ahead is good.    I was not used to the humidity also and we were there in June.           If i get to go back will try another season.
Hope this is of some help and hopefully others can give you info also.
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Kaybo

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 10:43:58 am »
I think that the main thing to remember is that you can come & go so it is good to put the little one down for a nap or go swimming in the afternoon and then go back for the "dark" shows (fireworks)...
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 01:48:30 pm »
I am leaving for Disney soon. This will be my first time there.

Your first time!!!  My kids are 12 and have been there 6 times - I know, I know, they ARE spoiled!

After the first 4 years we got kind of fried out on WDW, but found lots of fun stuff at Universal Studios and City Walk.  City Walk is a great place to hang out at night - especially at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.  The last time we were there, they had stilt walkers and other fun stuff for the kiddies - and the music can't be beat  ;)

Hope you have a great time!!!

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jtd71465

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 12:28:08 pm »
Boys or girls?  We went two years ago, it was my first time (I was 40 at the time)...I always tell people that growing up we didn't have enough money to to things and today I'm too cheap...

I would stay away from animal kingdom.  Make sure you get the three year old a stroller and as mentioned earlier try and split your day with a park in the morning, nap in the afternoon and a park at night.  I would also recommend making your reservations for dinner asap.

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 12:54:18 pm »
The animal kingdom is a little boring  ::)

I also found that Epcot isn't really an exciting place for kids.  It's very interesting for those grownups who haven't travelled much in the world - like me - but it's not really kid-oriented.

My kids love water and could have lived at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.  If your kids like water - don't miss either of these  ;D

Jan

lori67

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 02:06:49 pm »
I LOVE Disney World!  If you need a babysitter or someone to help carry suitcases - I can help you out with that!   ;D

I've never been to Blizzard Beach, but it was on the Travel Channel as the top water park in the world not too long ago!  Sure looked like fun!

And those Fast Pass things for the rides are great - keeps you from having to stand in lines all day!

Have fun!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.