Author Topic: red eye  (Read 2546 times)

Karen

red eye
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:33:52 pm »
Have any of you with the 12/7 nerve graft had trouble with your eye getting red after you eat (chewing alot)..  Since my tongue is hooked up to my facial nerve it is hard to eat and chew.  Sometimes my eye gets red after eating.  any one else?  Also my eye sometimes gets red when I first get up in the morning until a couple of hours later then it clears up, can't figure out why.Also I am having a hard time figuring out when to u=put more drops in, I don't have feeling so I have to go by how it looks.  If I have a pool of tears in my lower lid after an hour I guess I can go longer?  Will my eye get red right away when it gets dry?  What does a dry eye look like if it starts to dry out?  It's really hard to judge with no feeling!!  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Kaybo

Re: red eye
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 08:39:39 pm »
Karen~
Since I have no feeling either, I have always used the "red" eye as an indicator when I need to put more drops in.  I can tell by my vision change when it is getting red (even though I don't have much vision in that eye).  I don't have any specific trouble with it when I eat -- of course, I don't eat on the AN side.  Remind me, do you still have a wieght or did you get it removed?

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!