Author Topic: Can you hear me now?  (Read 15226 times)

wendysig

Re: Can you hear me now?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2008, 11:32:46 am »
Lori -
Wow!  116 years old, still going strong and you can cook!! No wonder he married you, you're quite a catch!!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lori67

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2008, 01:11:47 pm »
Well, yes,I like to think so!   ;D

However, you have to remember, he's been in the Navy for almost 18 years - I can guarantee anything I cook has got to be better than what he's used to on the ship!  I keep telling him one of these days I'm going to open up a can of Alpo, put a garnish of parsley on top and he'd probably want seconds!  So, I don't need to be a gourmet, I pretty much just need to know how to work the can opener and the microwave. 

Chef Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2008, 03:00:47 pm »
Wow!  Lori, you cook!

You're a better woman than I am  ;)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lholl36233

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 03:58:38 pm »
I had a second MRI at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary yesterday.  The space was so tight I thought I might not fit.  The first one I had at my local hospital was alot more open even though I never asked for an open MRI.  I'm not claustraphobic or I would never have lasted yesterday.  The top of the  machine was right on top of me.  No breathing room.  I quote the technician, "They don't have this technology in the suburbs.  People come from all over the world for this machine."  Considering that, 40 miles wasn't so far to travel.

The consultation with the surgeon was postponed to Friday because he had an emergency.  Currently, I feel fine except for the tinnitus and hearing loss.

Stay tuned...
Proton Radiation for my hemangioma at MGH December 2009.  Hearing has improved.  Doing great!

wendysig

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 04:55:41 pm »
Hi iholl,
I know what you mean about the open MRI.  I am going for a follow-up MRI and am hoping and praying it is an open MRI.  I felt sick during the first one and it was an open MRI. If this one isn't I'll probably panic.  Now that I said that, I should probably check and find out which it is.  Anyway, good luck.  I hopw you get the results and meeting with the surgeon soon.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 06:47:31 pm »
Hi lholl36233,  :)

I will be thinking about you. I got through the TIGHT special MRI having claustrophobia and happy pills! Good luck with you consult! let us know how it goes, we are here for you!

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 11:15:03 pm »
lholl -

I, too, am anxious to hear what your doctor has to say.  Good luck Friday  :)

Staying tuned,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

OMG16

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 06:14:37 pm »
Happy pills, wow they never offered me any.  They kept me in the machine for 1.5 hours and about an hour in I really had to use the bathroom and they got so upset with me.  When you got to go you got to go.  I bet they wished they had given me the happy pills.  ;) 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.