Author Topic: How much does a surgery in Hose Ear Clinic in L.A. cost ?  (Read 4068 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
How much does a surgery in Hose Ear Clinic in L.A. cost ?
« on: May 22, 2008, 04:05:23 pm »
Hi all!!

I had given up the idea of sending my medical records and MRI images to house Ear Clinic in L.A just because it is far and away from my place (I live in Bulgaria, Europe).

Three days ago, however, I came back to work again  8) after my long break of 8 months during which I was recovering from my two retrosigmoid surgeries. So it was my boss who urged me to send my documents to the House Ear Clinic - because she has good friend in L.A and I can stay up in her friend's place!

So I would like to ask:

1) whether anyone knows the price of a surgery in House Ear Clinic L.A, CA, USA?  I don't want to have my documents sent in vain and I am afraid I might have them lost! :(
I try to compare the prices of INI Hannover, Germany (prof Samii's clinic - a world known AN neurosurgeon) with the prices of House Ear Clinic! INI Hannover is my other choice and I have already received a letter invitation from them. If anyone is interested, just let me know!

2) whether anyone has heard if the doctors in House Ear Clinic perform other than middle fosa surgeries? I have already had two retrosigmoid surgeries and I am afraid that my third operation can only be done using retrosigmoid approach again!

Thank you in advance!

That is really important to me and I would appreciate any replies!!

All the best to all of you!

Hristina

4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

Kaybo

Re: How much does a surgery in Hose Ear Clinic in L.A. cost ?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 04:53:13 pm »
Hello!
I'm sorry I haven't talked to you in a while -- things have been kind of crazy here lately.  I don't know anything about House, except that they are REALLY good.
Have to run now - talk to you soon!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 05:12:37 pm »
you really have to call them .. depending on if your insured or not .. the price could vary!

Yep the do all the types of AN surgeries...
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

chocolatetruffle

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 11:24:38 pm »
When i did my initial consultation with them, I had to send them my original MRI and photocopies of my hearing tests.  If you have digital MRI, you can make a copy of the CD.  The other alternative i discovered after working with them is email - you can explore the option of scanning the documents and emailing your records to the doctor who is doing your consultation.  I had Dr Brackmann and even though i live in California we actually communicated more via email than phone!  My first initial consult with them was complimentary, so there is no loss on my side, just a peace of mind that i have at least talked to House. And they have do the 3 main surgeries (translab, retrosigmoid, mid fossa).

i had translab and was hospitalized for 5 days with no major complications, so the bill from House Clinic/St Vincent's Hospital came to about USD 80,000, which was covered by my insurance.  The amount will vary based on your surgery, hospital stay etc.  But talk to their office as they will work with you.

Hope this helps and good luck!
chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan

neal r. lyons

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:44:14 am »
     The cost of my surgery was about the same as Chocolatetruffle.  I also had insurance so my out of pocket expense was a very small percentage of the total cost.

I had more than one CD made of my MRI so that I could send it to more than one place.  So  as long as they receive a clear copy of your MRI I think that would be okay.

Certainly you should ask.   Exploring your options is always a good idea.  For this reason I would consult with the House Ear Clinic so that you can see what they would

recommend for your treatment.  They should be able to provide you with approximate costs.  You can make a comparison then.  As Truffle pointed out the cost of the consultation will be no

more than the cost of getting your MRI to them and telephone/e-mail costs.   Best of luck to you in making a decision.   I hope that the path becomes clear for you.  Regards, Neal

AN 2.6X2.0X2.8 (right side)                                           June 22, 2007
House Ear Clinic/St. Vincent's Hospital@ Los Angeles, Ca.

Translabyrinthine(5 1/2 hr.):  Dr.Brackmann-neurotologist    Dr.Schwartz-neurosurgeon    Dr.Kutz-incision@stitches    Dr.Stefan-internist

Desilu

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 07:25:29 pm »
Hi Hristina,

Each doctor at House charges differently. My surgery total including hospital stay came to $98,000.00 my insurance (which is not the best) paid all but $3,500.00 which is not too bad in my opinon. They will give you a free phone consultation as others have mentioned if you send them your films or CD. It is worth considering giving them a call. Unless you ask for a specific doctor they will probably give it to  anyone there that has the time to review it. All of the doctors at House are good. Some specialize in one type of surgery, middle fossa, translab and retrosigmoid. I wish you the best in your research.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 02:11:30 pm »
Hey ALL!!

thank you for the useful information!!

have a great week!!

x
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co