Author Topic: Anyone heard from OMG lately?  (Read 2267 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Anyone heard from OMG lately?
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:52:04 am »
Has anyone had any contact with OMG lately?

I haven't seen any posts from her recently - unless I'm not looking in the right places - and I've been thinking about her.

I'm hoping she's past some of the medical issues she's been dealing with.

Anyone know how she's doing ???

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Shout Out to OMG16!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 01:24:03 pm »
OMG16, where are you?

Her last post was April 30th (about 2 weeks ago).  She was participating in the 'Good Morning' thread.  Seemed O.K. 

Lets hope she is still doing well and posts again, soon. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Anyone heard from OMG lately?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 01:40:02 pm »
I've sent a couple of emails to her internet email address and no response yet. Hope to hear something soon.

Kaybo, you hear anything?

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 04:19:19 pm »
Update from OMG... quoting her from an email I just received....

"I will post to the forum as I learn more and as I feel better but I am still sleeping alot after a full day at work and my daily chores.  So let if you would let all my friends know I am still around and that the end of the tunnel is getting closer everyday.  Let them know that I am very grateful for their concern and it is nice to know that they have not forgotten about me."

She also sent many kisses to the forehead! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 04:32:10 pm »
Phyl~
I'm so glad you heard from her.  I got an e-mail forwarded from her and responded to inquire how she was, but never heard anything.  I wanted to call her, but I had my MIL and SIL and was trying to entertain them (my MIL kind of frowns on me being on the phone when she is here -- but it is OK for her???).  I will call her soon now that everyone is gone!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 05:05:53 pm »
Phyl:

Thanks for the update on OMG16.  Good to learn she's basically O.K. and will post again, soon.  I''ll look for it.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 09:33:09 pm »
Phyl -

thanks for updating us.

It sounds like it's just a matter of time before OMG returns. 

I miss her,

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 11:37:41 pm »
Yes, thanks Phyl. Like Jan, I miss OMG as well - no one can dish out the forehead kisses quite like her. At least she is still doing some work and chores; hopefully the light at the end of that tunnel gets brighter every day, and she will rejoin us soon.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Tamara

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 10:56:31 am »

Thanks for the update...I've been thinking about her too, as she was one of the first to welcome me here.  I'm glad to know that she is getting better.

Tamara
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

Kaybo

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 12:34:10 pm »
Hello!
I just got a long-o e-mail from 16 (turning 17?) - she has changed Dr.'s and has some appointments for Friday the 23rd.  She has been dealing with her health problems and also some new concerns with her son's health.  Sounds like her son is OK and that the new docs are really taking this seriously and getting the ball rolling!

Keep her & her family in your prayers!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 12:39:17 pm »
Thanks for the info, K.

I'll definitely keep OMG and her family in my prayers.

Jan