Author Topic: Ears ringing  (Read 5328 times)

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
Re: Ears ringing
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 08:53:41 pm »
This question is for all of you who have lost the hearing on the AN side.
How many of you did BAHA surgery?  I don't know too much about it, except they put it in sometimes during the AN surgery.  I've heard that you can't hear very well with it, but is it better than not hearing anything at all???   Have some of you not had that, and just can't hear from the AN side?
Not sure yet which is better.
My surgery isn't until June 26th.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer me.
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

Angela

Re: Ears ringing
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 06:17:31 pm »
I wish the deaf ear had an "off" switch.  The stupid noise in my head makes hearing difficult in the good ear!

The good ear does seem more sensitive to loud noises and/or maybe I'm more cautious now.  Don't want to compromise the 1 that I have left.

Hopefully you don't experience the same "noise" weirdness...
- level and pitch change unpredictably
- tone/pitch increase if I look hard to the side where my AN was (is that trippy or what?!)

I got some kind of hearing aid that was recommended by the audiologist.  At best, it sounds like a bad speaker on AM radio.  I only use when it to get a hint of something on the bad side, i.e. someone talking.  Can't figure out what they're saying, but atleast I will know to look that way rather than ignore them.

ongoing issues: SSD, some facial paralysis, dry eye, bad balance, tinnitus

Feb'05 Stanford- 4cm x 3 x 3 "Timmy the Big Fat Tumor" removed via 13hr Trans Lab
Nov'07 Stanford- 2hr nerve graft
Mar'08 FACE STARTED MOVING, PRAISE GOD!Sep'10 Stanford- cyberknife for 2nd tumor "tiny tommy"
Mar'12 :)