Author Topic: One year Trilogy update  (Read 2447 times)

Craig

One year Trilogy update
« on: April 25, 2008, 10:02:01 am »
Good morning,

I had my one year MRI since my Trilogy treatments last April. Just to recap, I had 4 days of radiation treatments at 6gy per day. As far as side affects over the last year, they were very minimal. I had some short term memory issues but they have seem to tapered off. I do have the constant ringing noise in my ear but I will say that it has also decreased in volume since the treatments. The other issue that I have is a loss of balance every now and then. It is easy to deal with and is really embarrassing but I just laugh it off and blame it on ole AN. I am scheduled for another MRI next year so the countdown continues.

On another note, I will be running the Country Music Half Marathon tomorrow. I have been training since January and I am ready to get it over with. If anyone has any questions, about the Trilogy treatments feel free to contact me.

Cheers,

Craig
1.78 CM AN / Vanderbilt Medical Center Trilogy System / 4 Radiation Treatments / 24gy total

jb

• My MRI sequence:
Re: One year Trilogy update
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 10:44:44 am »
Craig,
Just wondering if your AN has changed in size after your treatment?  My AN swelled a lot and I blame my occasional balance problems on that.

Good luck in the race!
JB
2 cm right-side AN, diagnosed July 2006
Cyberknife at Georgetown Univ. Hospital, Aug 2007
Swelled to 2.5 cm and darkened thru center on latest MRI's, Dec 2007 and Mar 2008
Shrinking! back to 2 cm, Aug 2008
Still shrinking (a little), I think about 1.7 cm now, Aug 2009

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 11:57:32 am »
Craig, I can't believe it is a year!  Congrats Congrats! You know I've been following your story and the Trilogy treatment, so we can better advise others that inquire about it......

good for you! Happy 1 year zapped AN! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Craig

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 01:11:35 pm »
JB,

The size of my AN was the same size that it was at the time of the treatment which is good.

Cheers,

Craig
1.78 CM AN / Vanderbilt Medical Center Trilogy System / 4 Radiation Treatments / 24gy total

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 08:40:55 pm »
Hey Craig,

That's great to hear. Being a little CK biased, I would call that "Trilogy in the CK mode", in the 3-5 shots of 6 Gy style. It sounds like it worked fine. Good news!

It does seem that the first year or so post radiation is a little bumpy, but if you can run a half marathon, you must be doing well. I wish I could run a half mile. :D

Congratulations and enjoy the race.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.