Author Topic: TOTALLY off topic ... but ....  (Read 1611 times)

Denisex2boys

TOTALLY off topic ... but ....
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:30:03 pm »
 :( my best friends daughter (she is 8) has been suffereing from stomach pains and fevers on and off for the last 7-8 weeks as well as a 12 pound weight-loss (which is a lot for a child - - long story short .......  not that I am glad I have an AN - but I am looking at things differently now ......

My friends daughter was admitted to McMaster in Hamilton, ON on Friday evening - - her blood work for the previous day's consultation came back that she was severely aneamic - she may need a transfusion and they are suspecting Crohns disease  :(

If ANYONE knows of a support group or anyone with a child with crohns I know my friend would really appreciate someone to talk to when she can - understandably so - she is VERY upset and wrought with worry right now.  I have read a lot online and if this is what she has - she is looking at a lifelong battle at staying in remission from the effects of it .....

Please, say a prayer for my friends daughter that they caught it early enough and that they find the right concoction of meds. to get her through this horrible flare-up.

Thank you!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: TOTALLY off topic ... but ....
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:58:41 pm »
Denise:

I'm so sorry to learn of your friend's childs possible affliction with Crohn's disease.  My wife has suffered with Crohn's for years but it has been in remission for some time, thank God. 

Here is a link to the national Crohn's/Colitis foundation website which offers lots of information and support to those with this malady.

http://www.ccfa.org/

I hope this helps and of course, my prayers are with the child and her parents.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.