Author Topic: Anyone use the neuromonics MP3 device yet?  (Read 3160 times)

Suzy

Anyone use the neuromonics MP3 device yet?
« on: April 15, 2008, 09:40:48 pm »
It's been 18 months since I had surgery and the tinnitus is starting to annoy me.  I also have a hard time telling which direction sound is coming from.  For example, I could hear my phone ringing the other day but I couldn't follow the sound to find it.  When I am very tired, I have slight balance issues, or if I am in a large building such as a grocery store or Home Depot, I get a little sloppy with my walking.  I am considering the neuromonics device but my question is....would something like this work for someone who had surgery?  Has anyone tried it yet?  I have about 50% hearing loss in my left ear....if the ringing would stop, maybe I would have 80% hearing.

Suzy

sabuck

• Buck & Sons Landscape Service, Inc.
Re: Anyone use the neuromonics MP3 device yet?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 05:17:52 pm »
I too would be curious if anyone has tried the Neuromonics program\device. I had AN surgery October 2007 and am SSD as a result. The tinnitus that I had prior to surgery pretty much doubled in volume after surgery. The tinnitus also is giving me new noises like millions of crickets along with the high pitched tones that I had before. Yeah it's a real treat.  ;) I too think that I could hear better out of my good ear if it wasn't for the tinnitus sounds. It might be nice if there is something out there that my make the symptom of tinnitus less annoying. Maybe an SSD person can't even use the Neuromonics device? 
Approx. AN 2.5 cm prior to surgery on 10/7/07)
(Cerebellopontine Angle Tumor)
The Ohio State University Medical Clinic (Drs. Brad Welling & John McGregor)
SSD post op - left side
BAHA surgery 4/25/08 Dr. Brad Welling 7/3/08 for Baha use!

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 05:56:42 am »
I was told about neuromonics and they tried to talk me into trying it for a huge price.  I was told I would not get my money back if it didn't work.  I then asked to be fitted for a musicians' earplug for the "good ear" as I was experiencing hyperacusis.  Glad I didn't spend the $$ as I was told by a young doctor working on his thesis for tinnitus that there have been success stories using the neuomonics for people that have hearing in both ears, but no study has been done for people with SSD.  I would question the person trying to sell you this program what the success rate is for people who are SSD. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Mickey

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:31:05 am »
Hi Everyone! I am presently using Neuromonics for about 41/2 months now. Yes, it was expensive about $5,500 but my insurance covered 2/3 of the price (GHI). The full course of treatment is about 6mos. but the device stays with you for use forever. The main purpose is to take the tinnitus and make it bearable by kinda desensitizing it. So far that has been acomplished with me. It is still there but in a place where it not as bothersome. Whenever it does get out of hand you can just strap on the machine. Must wear it 2-4 hours daily for the initial 6mos. On Oct. 25 I`ll be giving my full experience with it @ ANANJ. By the way I`m still wait + watch (treating AN mri by mri) and can`t tell you about post op but wouldn`t think it would make a difference, tinitus is tinitus. Good Luck Mickey

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 11:27:42 am »
Mickey,

Glad this device is offering you relief from constant chirping.  By the way, do you have serviceable hearing on both ears?
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Mickey

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 12:54:34 pm »
Yes I do! I`m not sure if this would work with ssd on tinnitus side. Mickey