Author Topic: 3am Scare!  (Read 3417 times)

sdinapoli

3am Scare!
« on: November 15, 2005, 03:35:27 pm »

I don't wake up in the middle of the night too often but last night I did at around 3am while laying on my deaf side as usual. After suddenly waking up I heard an entirely new constant humming noise which I suspected was coming from my good ear. So when I sat up in bed I was hearing the usual low ringing noise in my deaf ear and now this entirely new (constantly loud) humming noise on my hearing side. How Can This Be ??? ???  I thought this was a whole new onset of tinnitus. >:(  This noise was much louder and worse than my existing tinnitus even on its worst day. In a panic I awakened my wife to inform her of this and she replied ..."yeah wait, I hear it too"....so I thought to myself how the heck can she hear it too, she don't have tinnitus?? Then she looked over at the baby monitor, turned it off and away went the noise. What a relief!  -Steve D

jamie

Re: 3am Scare!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 06:09:53 pm »
That's pretty funny. Glad to hear it was only a scare.
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 08:06:53 pm »
That's actually a funny story, a little AN humor if you will   ;D  Glad to hear it was only a false (baby) alarm.
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

debora

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 08:09:36 pm »
middle of the night terrors are the worst, glad it was a false alarm.  What a laugh........Deb

Boppie

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 09:04:29 pm »
We all need a sense of humor and a laugh.  Good healing comes from laughter.

Rena

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 12:35:11 pm »
I havne't posted much on this site, but do read often.  My surgery is on Dec 1st so I'm a little nervous.  When I read your story it made me laugh.  Believe me, I needed that!  Thanks for sharing!    Rena
Rena
1.2cm Rt Side Meningioma
Removed December 1, 2005
Dr. Kartush & Dr. Pieper

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 12:42:04 pm »
 :D Oh my goodness Steve...that one gave me a laugh too. You arent blonde like me are you??? hahahahaha
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

cookiesecond

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 08:09:01 pm »
Rena,
You will be in our thoughts and prayers.I know you are nervous but God will give you peace. I pray for a good outcome and speedy recovery.
Take care and keep us posted.
Lynn

Rena

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 08:55:44 am »
Lynn - Thank you so much for your encouragement.  I am very confident in my surgical team.  It is scary but I do believe God will take care of me as will others with their upcoming surgeries.  This site helps so much.  The laughter helps keep my spirit up!  Thanks everyone - I will keep you updated.

Rena
Rena
1.2cm Rt Side Meningioma
Removed December 1, 2005
Dr. Kartush & Dr. Pieper

sdinapoli

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 10:23:14 am »
God Luck Rena, We'll be thinking and paraying for you!   Before my wife and I decided to have another child which was only a few months after my surgery I remember the doctor informing her of all the higher risks involved for her and our unborn baby due to just her age. Even though they were somewhat small they were still very much there and potentially very serious. We realized all of this before and during the pregnancy and still pursued our goals. This was another challenge that we met and everything turned out fine "Thank God". It's so easy to put worries in your mind and so difficult to remove them but time will heal. I wish you the best and hope everything works out smoothly. Use that faith that you have because that's what gives us all that will to learn, live, love and yes recover!    .....Wind 6  I am not a blonde but sometimes I have to check to be sure especially that other night!  I don't have any problems with the baby monitor anymore but do have a big snoring beagle problem that I seem to be picking up in stereo even with my good ear on the pillow!  Take Care,  Steve D