Author Topic: RESULTS OF SECOND MRI DONE FRIDAY  (Read 4841 times)

agnes

• "Serenity Prayer"
RESULTS OF SECOND MRI DONE FRIDAY
« on: March 27, 2008, 08:13:55 am »
Hi everyone,
My second MRI is showing unchanged. Measurements are 1.3 cm.  I have been looking up
the difference between mm and cm.  My first MRI measured in mm as stated below.  I am
going to set up a visit with neurosurgeon Eric Gabrial at St. Vincents Hospital here in Jacksonville just to touch base and have him review the MRI and report.  The nurse in
my primary's office didn't actually seem like she knew how to read the report, you know
how that goes.  She kept saying I should set up a neuro appt to go over the report. So
whether there is something more and she isn't tellilng me, or she just doesn't know how
to read the report remains unseen.  So, I will follow through and have a consult just to
ease my own mind.
6x8x12 mm diagnosed 7/11/07 left side AN watch and wait. Partial hearing loss
left ear. Second MRI done 03/21/2008 waiting results. Unchanged from last year. 1.3 cm.Third MRI done 02/16/2009 1.3 cm unchanged. 4th MRI 12/18/09  Still 1.3 no growth, just some vascular chgs noted.MRI 11-30-12 no growth

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: RESULTS OF SECOND MRI DONE FRIDAY
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 12:47:55 pm »
agnes, tickled to hear that there is no change in size and sounds like you are doing well. 

British spouse (who is MUCH better versed on metric system than I) has shared with me that 10 mm = 1cm.

So, 1.3cm = 13mm.

Hope that helps... and hang in there!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

agnes

• "Serenity Prayer"
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:31:26 pm »
Thanks Phyl.  Its only been 8 months, but still....I can live with that. Have a good one.
ALSO, thanks for the measurements.....
Agnes
left ear. Second MRI done 03/21/2008 waiting results. Unchanged from last year. 1.3 cm.Third MRI done 02/16/2009 1.3 cm unchanged. 4th MRI 12/18/09  Still 1.3 no growth, just some vascular chgs noted.MRI 11-30-12 no growth

Sheryl

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 06:09:13 pm »
Agnes - as a fellow "wait and watcher", I want to wish you luck.  I'd like to add to Phyl's interpretation that 2.5 cm or 25 mm is equal to one inch (1").   So, it's nice to know that at 1.3 cm, your tumor is still quite small - actually I'm at 1.2 cm and holding.  I wouldn't worry too much about the nurse's comment as in most offices, this type of interpretation is left up to the physician. 
Keep us informed,
Sheryl
p.s.  By the way, I'm a little further southwest from you in the Fort Myers area for at least the next 7 weeks till we head north
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

agnes

• "Serenity Prayer"
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 11:05:40 am »
Thanks Sheryl.  Do you live up North or just come down here for the winter? We are
thinking about moving out of Florida and going to upstate NY to reside.  I am not a Florida
native.  We have been living here for 5 years now. I will update the system once I see the
Neuro dr. just to be sure that there is nothing else on that report that I need to know.
Wishing you luck with yours as well.
agnes

Sheryl

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:45:26 pm »
Hi Agnes - Spent most of my life in New England - Boston and Cape Cod.  Lived full time in Florida for eight years and now we are able to go back and forth - they say the best of both worlds, but it is stressful moving twice a year and we still consider home to be up north.  With serious medical problems for both of us, we may have to reconsider having two homes.  Quite a few people move to Florida and do not stay - it is a different world down here.
Keep us informed,
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Mickey

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 07:54:48 am »
Hi Agnes! I`m right there with you! Please read my post to Nick who seems right there with us! Please keep in touch, Good Luck, Mike