Author Topic: 2.7 AN Positive Outcome!  (Read 2116 times)

amoore9334

2.7 AN Positive Outcome!
« on: November 14, 2005, 03:32:17 pm »
Hello all - I'm hoping this will serve as a source of hope to all who are facing this as well as the spouses of those dealing with AN.

Last Wednesday, 11/9, my husband had a 2.7 cm AN removed via Translab at Duke Raleigh Health Hospital by Drs. Cunningham, McElveen and Fukushima.

100% of the tumor was removed, no balance issues and very little facial paralysis - as a matter of fact, the facial issue has already corrected itself.

My husband went for a walk as soon as we returned home.  He is adjusting well and feels great.  We are profoundly grateful that we were blessed with such a talented and caring team.

The main thing I have learned throughout this ordeal is that the worry and wait are the toughest part.  The best advice I can give is to be methodical in your research - that's been mentioned before on this wonderful forum - do your homework.

I also found it helpful to "talk" to others on this board - you guys are a wealth of information and support.

For those of you still playing the waiting game - you WILL get through this.  Ask questions - get answers and be confident in your decisions.

Thanks again to all of you who helped us out - many of you don't even know who you are - but your posts answered many questions and calmed many concerns!

Bonnie

Re: 2.7 AN Positive Outcome!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 11:29:14 am »
Thank you for your encouraging report. It helps the "psyche" of those of us who are waiting to learn from those who have gone before us. Hope all continues to go well!
Bonnie
Left ear 1.5 cm