Author Topic: 6 Month MRI: Dull, Boring, Uneventful  (Read 16305 times)

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
Re: 6 Month MRI: Dull, Boring, Uneventful
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 12:35:48 pm »
Hey gang: you think the 6 month is boring, try one year out.. VERY boring.  God Bless Chang but I made him talk to me for a few minutes... Heck at this point I deserve more than the 2 minute "No change, all is well, see you in 6 months"!

Oh and get this, Stanford goofed up and forgot to schedule the one year hearing test.. they told me to get it done in Sacramento, but that it wasn't that big of a deal... I think I will schedule with Stanford, I have a better chance of getting in with them versus the ENT Clinic in Sac.  I haven't noticed any change in hearing, just more conscience of what I can and cannot hear now.

Steve I am really happy for you.  Nice to be on the other side of the darn thing... ;D  congrats- Annie

Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 12:40:25 pm »
annie (and all), just wait until the 2 yrs.... NOW we're talking all the bells and whistles and balloons and confetti for good news! :)  Hoping all will have the same type of celebration I had.... sending massive wishes to you all for the same.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

goinbatty

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 08:35:02 pm »
Congrats Steve!!!  Glad to hear you had a good report. 

Sandra
1/2007 - 6 x 4.5 mm AN
8/2007 - 9 x 6 mm
CK at Georgetown 1/7/08-1/11/08; Dr. Gagnon
3/2008 - 10 x 7 mm
7/2008 - 9 x 10 x 6 mm (NECROTIC CENTER!!!!!)
5/2009 - no change/stable
4/2010 - 10 x 7 x 6 mm; stable/no change
5/2011 - 10 x 7; stable/no change
6/2012 - 8.1 x 7 mm
4/2014 - stable/no change

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 10:51:56 pm »
Thanks, Sandra and Annie.

I will also add that I have been wearing a hearing aid for almost a week now. My hearing in the left ear was almost the same as at original diagnosis, with a little more drop in the low end. But I have noticed all along that I really couldn't hear much with it. The good thing is that I can hear quite well with the hearing aid, which is what they mean by "serviceable" hearing I guess.

The big surprise to me is that I have been missing out on quite a few noises for the last year and a half or so. I had forgotten that keys make noise turning in locks, or that the door down the hall from my office squeaks. I can now hear my shoelaces hitting the floor if they happen to be untied, and my arm makes a sound when it slides through the sleeve of my coat. Woo hoo! It takes some getting used to, but I already feel less fuzzy-headed and more with it. It is a feeling I like.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 11:25:43 pm »
Steve -

sometimes the smallest things in life can make you happy  :)

It must be great to rediscover noises again.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

beancounter

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 08:03:46 pm »
Steve's infectious smile is a mirror of his great attitude, positive thinking and witty ability to turn a phrase.   Is it any wonder we all love him?? 
Newly diagnosed 3x2 mm .... waiting to see what my options are

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 08:18:15 pm »
Beancounter -

couldn't have said it better myself! 

So glad to see you have returned to the forum  ;D  I missed you.

I had my BAHA surgery on 3/4 and am doing GREAT!!!  Did you see my BAHA "hat" pictures?  Not something to be missed!

Hope you are doing well,

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 11:59:04 pm »
Golly, beancounter, I'm blushing!  :-[  Thank you, you are too kind.

And Hi, how are you doing? Waiting and watching, I guess..

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

lori67

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 09:52:57 am »
Beancounter -

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you're doing.  So, how are you doing?

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 12:06:14 pm »
Beancounter -

where are you  ???

Jan

beancounter

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 12:11:10 pm »
Thanks Steve, Jan and Lori for asking about me (Jan, I may call you about your BAHA).  I'm in watch and wait only because I have not seen (or found) a doc yet.  For anyone who loves "TMI", let me give you the short version of a long and sordid story.  After I shattered my wrist (Dec 16) and wore an external fixator for 7 weeks (think decorative brass towel bar), I developed something called reflex sympathetic dystrophy.  I  never heard of it, wish I never had, and if I was Catholic I would call it purgatory.   After a few months of aggressive hand therapy (35 minutes every hour while at home and thrice-weekly trips to my therapist) I lost my personality and pieces of my soul.  I eventually had what the surgeon called a mal-union, meaning my wrist didn't properly heal, so 3 weeks ago I had to start over with surgery to chisel part of my bone off and insert a plate in my wrist held together with screws.  I have never been interested in tools!  I am using a bone stimulator daily and am hoping there is a good outcome (please send up smoke signals for me).  I hope it is okay to post something not brain related; I often say I'm an open book that no one wants to read!  I love you all and pray daily for mental/physical peace and healing for this great group.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 02:15:14 pm »
YIKES!  So sorry to hear of your troubles with your wrist.  I do hope all goes well now and that this phase of your life will be over and done with soon.

Sending smoke signals as high as I can.

Sue in Vancouver   
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

beancounter

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 04:07:12 pm »
Thank you, Sue.  I can't move on until I get resolution with this wrist mess.  The anxiety creeps in daily about the pesky little critter lodged intracanalicullarly at my 8th cranial nerve (my kids always called me Mrs. Webster and Wordwoman but that last one is a bit much).  Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice?? (lol)  I'm learning cool things after having one arm immobilized for four months....eg: my picture on here was from last fall prior to seeing a Kenny Loggins concert and I had spent a little time "fixing" my hair.  The last time I fixed my hair was the evening of December 15 in preparation for a Christmas party.  Truth is, it looks exactly the same these days with just a wash and a quick blow dry, so I doubt I'll ever even bother again (even when I'm able). 
This reminds me of my favorite menopause joke:  "one of the good things about getting older is that we don't have to shave our legs nearly as often, which gives us more time to attend to our newly acquired moustache".       

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 04:16:13 pm »
oh Beancounter,

Take care of yourself.  I'm Catholic, even though I hate to admit it and purgatory is just the church doling out unnecessary pain and punishment.  You poor soul, you.  I broke my ankle and had an open reduction with a plate and seven screws.  I can sympathize, I thought I was loosing my mind........had a reaction to the hardware and had to everything removed six months later.  Than a facial neuroma came along and took what was left of my mind. ;)

It's amazing what the body can endure, without purgatory!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 08:34:52 pm »
Beancounter -

if it wasn't for bad luck, I'm afraid you'd have no luck at all.  Sorry to mention that - I just can't believe all you've been through  :o

I cannot imagine having one arm immobilized for four months!

You can certainly post things "not brain related" - we're here for you no matter what the topic is.

Hope to "see" you here more often; don't be a stranger,

Jan