Author Topic: DOES ANYONE EVER REALLY GET TO HAVE GOLDWEIGHT REMOVED DUE TO FUNCTION RETURNING  (Read 5463 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

I JUST DON'T HEAR OF THIS MUCH. IT SEEMS LIKE ONCE WE GET THEM THEY ARE THERE TO STAY.

nancyann

• carpe diem
Hi Crookedsmile:  I know that one of Dr. Byne's pts. had her gold weight removed, so yes, it does happen!!
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

lori67

Yes, I have heard of it happening.  Didn't "4" have a temporary stick on eye weight that she no longer needs?  I know she said he had her blink back - but I don't know if that was with or without the weight.  I'm sure she can answer that - if she's not too busy trying to ride her bike across a highwire with no-hands - blindfolded.   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
I think most do! ..   the time is very variable ... from 1 to a few years...

I plan on making it a tie pin when its out !
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

nancyann

• carpe diem
I plan on cashing it in!!  what with the price of platinum (gold too)

Crookedsmile:  I was told by an eye surgeon that the gold weight may need to be changed every 5 years
because the weight can 'breakthrough' the eyelid.   He showed me a picture of a man it happened to.

I need to ask about the platinum, well, I have 5 years to ask....
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis

linny

• still problems, 3yrs later
 ::)  I had mine taken out and a nother one put i n higher up on my eye lid. (I think its alittle heaver too )  So maybe some people  are able to get them out and some not. I dont really care if its there or not.  Its all just missed up anyway.  :'(  Good luck to you getting it out.  Everyone on this site is GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Linda-2yr post AN 3-cm left side.  OHSU hospital , slow recovery for me. But then I had to have 2 surgeries with complications swelling of brain,

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
From what I've heard it does happen.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

TLC719

• Teresa L Childers
Dr.Steenerson took my eye weight out in six months .It was alot of weight but I't got the job done.He gave me  the gold after removal.Now I have a gold front tooth.  Kidding-I went and bought some billy-bob teeth that had gold in one tooth&took the tothe Dr. visit and put them on right before he came in.It's hard to make him laugh but he smiled real big.  TLC
Atlanta Ga.AN 2006 right paralysis,balance issues,SS deaf,just happy to be here!

er

Hello CROOKEDSMILE,

I got my gold weight before I left the hospital ( on the 5th day ) and It was removed about 7 to 8 months later. And I had worn it around my neck for a few months I got a kick on peoples reaction on how did they do it on how could I wear something that big and heavy. Mines has 3 holes.
eve

er

Nancy,
I have a young woman that might want to talk to you and your experience.
eve

nancyann

• carpe diem
Hi Eve:  I replied to your PM !   I would certainly 'talk' to her via e-mail (I have to rest my voice at night after talking all day at work b/c of my paralyzed right vocal chord - it's getting worse because it has continues to atrophy (shrink) since my AN surgery ~ 2 years ago).  PM me her e-mail address or give her mine.

Always good thoughts,   Nancy
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis

TP

I had a gold weight inserted into my eye in July 2006 and had it removed in October 2007. My eye blinks just fine. It is dry and I use eye drops now about once or twice a day.

I took the "eye" gold weight to a jeweler and made a gorgeous pendant necklace. I had an older men's gold ring with three diamonds and I had it melted down and then the piece that was in my eyelid with three tiny holes, I added my husbands, daughters and my birthstones. The diamonds are at the bottom of the pendant which gives a nice touch to the overall design.  It is very unusual and means a great deal to me.

The day I got my gold weight was one of the happiest days and the day I removed my gold weight was just about as happy!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

sgerrard

Dr.Steenerson took my eye weight out in six months .It was alot of weight but I't got the job done.He gave me  the gold after removal.Now I have a gold front tooth.  Kidding-I went and bought some billy-bob teeth that had gold in one tooth&took the tothe Dr. visit and put them on right before he came in.It's hard to make him laugh but he smiled real big.  TLC

LOL. I would like to see a picture of you wearing them.  :D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

er

Nancy
I've sent you 2 e-mails I am wondering if you have gotten them. one Sat and one today

eve