Author Topic: 4-weeks post-op  (Read 2854 times)

frglvr73

4-weeks post-op
« on: November 09, 2005, 03:36:23 pm »
Hello!  Wrote awhile ago, was dx'ed w/MS and AN in March.  Finally got the little sucker pulled out the 11th of October.  Translab.  No balance problems (guess already off-balance, lol), dry eye that finally is doing a lot better, and a week after surgery total paralysis on that side (left).  Finally doing better- can blink and for the most part keep that eye closed.  Have a half-smile.

The head scar is healing well, but it is tender to the touch in some areas and seems 'greasy' in a couple area's some times.  Yes, I do shower!!  Belly scar is all healed, no prob's there.  The head scar was 'raised' a bit, and now is flatter...did the fat absorb or something?  Just worried about it, probably because I am finally feeling better and finally drove.  Have two more weeks til I am released to return to work.  Headaches, not horrible but there, esp. after sleeping.  Oonly on that side, and behind the ear...sometimes higher.

Any advice or happy words?  I am pretty positive, esp since I did not want brain surgery!!!   :D

dianneh1

Re: 4-weeks post-op
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 04:04:57 pm »
hey frglvr73

I am 7 weeks post op (trans lab) and the only thing that seems to help me headaches is Excedrin Migraine. It has been great with the headaches. good luck, hope it works as well for you as it did me.

Dianne
Dr. Rossenwausser and Dr. Wilcox
Jefferson University Hospital
Philadelphia, PA
2.5cm AN

kristin

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 10:56:43 pm »
hi. you're the second person i've read about here that has MS and an AN. that's interesting to me becuase the reason my doctor had me get my MRI was not for an AN, but she thought that i had developed MS. my symptoms were vertigo/falling. i also had numb toes for awhile, but found out it was from crossing my legs for 8 hours a day. my eye twitched for about a month (or so it seems..not exactly sure) as well. anyway, if i did have MS how would that have shown up on an MRI?

kristin
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

frglvr73

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 09:01:51 am »
They found my AN when they were checking for MS as well.  DX of MS can be very hard and difficult, some people are in 'limbo' for years.  I was a fast case, don't know if that is good or bad.  The MRI shows white spots.  In subsequent MRI's the white spots (lesions) either 'disappear' or move or new ones appear.  They also usually perform a spinal tap (ouch, ouch).  I would suggest you talk to a good neurologist who is familiar w/MS to make double sure.  Numbness and tingling and eye 'weirdness' is something that happens w/MS.  I really hope you are fine, and you probably are!  I am a paranoid sort now, after all I have been thru.

kristin

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 06:54:33 pm »
thanks for the tip. i think i'll just wait until my f/u MRI in april though! my doctors office thinks that i'm a hypochondriac, but it seems i really DO have all the stuff i complain about, so i'm not ready to test and see if i have MS quite yet!! :)
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

frglvr73

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 08:22:52 pm »
I do NOT blame you there!!  Weird thing, I knew for the last 15 years something was wrong w/me, and joked that I had a brain tumor...h'mmm, did I give myself some bad voodoo or something?   ;)