Author Topic: Achy legs after surgery  (Read 50251 times)

Kaybo

Re: Achy legs after surgery
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 03:28:45 pm »
G~
Glad to know it wasn't as serious as blood clots, but sorry you still have the pain!
Isn't Fifth's where little kids have the really red cheeks (also called "Slap Face") and they aren't contagious anymore AFTER that shows up or am I all confused (it happens a lot, you know!!)?????????
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

gclark

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 07:48:00 pm »
Yes, fifth disease is when the kids get the just-slapped red cheeks.  And yes, once they have the rash, they're not contagious anymore.  In adults it shows up as joint aches and I guess muscle aches because that's what I have.  Searches on google tell me that symptoms could last 1 - 3 months but my primary doctor recommends a neurologist (of course I know one of those) and my otologist recommends me seeing an infectious disease doctor.  Too many opinions...I'm just going to wait it out and I'm sure the pain will ease.  No more doctors!

Thanks for your interest.

gclark

Kaybo

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 07:06:27 am »
G~
I usually all for waiting things out, but that is a LONG time when you have other things to deal with.  Also, many "childhood" illnesses can be MUCH more serious in adults!
Just a thought...maybe worth a call to you neuro...
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!