Author Topic: what doctors do you recommend at House Ear? Help I live in Mexico  (Read 2699 times)

Edu

My husband Jorge has been diagnosed with a 27mm AN. After much investigation we have decided on House Ear at L.A. Living in Mexico City makes it a little difficult to know someone who has been operated at HI. (I´m so gratefull I foun this Forum, all this testimonials and info have give us peace).
What I ask for you is What Doctors do you reccommend at House Ear? What Team did you use (Neurologist, Neurotoligist, etc)
Thank You for Reading this entry
Sincerely
Liliana

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: what doctors do you recommend at House Ear? Help I live in Mexico
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 09:54:15 am »
Liliana,

I think if you have decided as to “what� approach i.e.: translab, retrosigmoid, middle fossa ….or radiation and clarify this you might get more responses. Each doctor at House has their own specialty or preferred treatment approach…

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Edu

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:10:25 pm »
SORRY YOU DIDN´T UNDERSTAND WELL MY QUESTION. WE KNOW THE KIND OF OPERATION HE IS HAVING (INCISION BEHIND THE EAR). WHAT I WAS ASKING IS IF YOU COULD HELP ME BY RECCOMENDING A DOCTOR AT HEI.
THANKS

P.S. FORGIVE MY BAD GRAMMAR IN ENGLISH

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 07:54:12 pm »
Well if you want a translab Dr. Brackmann is your man. (He is the most experience neurotologist in the world- and at age 70 still a very spry and capable man)

Dr Swartz is reputable in the retrosigmoid

And Dr House is known for the middle fossa…

DeLa Cruz is also world renown although I am not sure his “exact� specialty is.

Here is their staff link
http://www.hei.org/about/clinic/clinic.htm

It still depends on “what� surgery you want done at HEI– being that the translab and the retrosigmoid are both behind the ear.

This link explains that more

http://www.anausa.org/treatment_options.html

Once you tell us “which� surgery than the patients who were at HOUSE for their surgeries - can help you more.

Don’t worry about you English grammar– we are still here to help.

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!