Author Topic: Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) type II  (Read 23402 times)

stevecms

Re: Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) type II
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 09:09:54 am »
Hi,the doctors were treating me for tn for 18 mths.All the symptoms were there,awful pain couldnt talk,eat function etc,but after the mri they found the an.If it had been found sooner they could have used radiation but it was left and got to big.Since surgery the pain has gone but it shows how important a early mri is.Keep strong fellow an'ers.Steve
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) type II
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 09:52:29 pm »
This is very good thread to be bumped.  As many of you know I too suffer from TN, it is a very, very debilitating, painful condition.  I had a root canal done three months after surgery that was totally not needed and not the problem.  My teeth do ache and my jaw line as well.  Today I did a lot of laughing, mind you I hold my face to support it, and I did a lot of smiling so now I pay the piper.  Heat, gentle tapping and thank goodness Lyrica.  Hopefully I'll sleep and tomorrow will be relatively painless. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games