Author Topic: Cleveland Clinic  (Read 2860 times)

Melissa778

Cleveland Clinic
« on: February 15, 2008, 08:08:44 am »
My Neurosurgeon has referred me to the Cleveland Clinic for any treatment as they do not see/treat a whole lot of AN in the Toledo Area.  Has anyone seen a doc at the Cleveland Clinic?  Can anyoen recommend a doc at Celveland Clinic?  Much Thanks,
1.6cm X 1.6cm diagnosed Jan 30 2008
Translab Surgery scheduled for May 15th with Surgery went well, got ALMOST all of it.
GK to zap the rest on 10/22/08
2010 MRI showed no new growth tumor measuring at that time at 1.1 x .4
2011 Holding steady
2012 new growth 1.7 x .7 :( :(

Mama R

Re: Cleveland Clinic
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 08:49:04 am »
Daydreamer - When I was doing my footwork a friend recommended a neoursurgeon named Dr Kalfas. I do not know his experience with AN's but I trust the resources and may be worth checking. There is another Dr in Chagrin Falls, Dr Megerian, ENT  who practices out of Universtiy Hospital of Cleveland who came highly  recommednded by my physician and I beleive Un of Cleve is a good hospitlal. According to my physician he treated  70 AN patients last year. If you goole Megerian you will see list of credentials a mile long. At the end of the day, if you are anything like me, you will want to feel confident with your doctor. Best of Luck.
Translab U of Cinnci - 03/21/08
Dr Theodosopolous & Dr Pensak :)
1 cm

Pembo

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 02:26:43 pm »
Dr Megerian performed my 20 hour surgery to remove a 4 cm AN that was very sticky. He is an excellent surgeon and works with neurosurgeon Dr. Warren Selman.

Dr M is also very personable. He was very concerned about me personally and I felt as if he truly cared about me. He even called me at home before surgery just to see if I had any questions.

He is at University Hospitals Cleveland. Please feel free to email me with any questions.

I highly recommend Dr Megerian.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

NW

• 9mmx8mmx10mm Surgery Oct.17,2007
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:40:56 pm »
Hi,  I did see a Dr. Peter Webber at the Cleveland Clinic, he worked with Dr. Lee. Dr. Lee is the Neurosurgeon. I opted to go to Columbus, to Ohio State University and had Dr. Brad Welling & Dr. Chiocca, Chiocca was the Neurosurgeon. Wonderful Physicians!!
Nancy