Author Topic: Cold medicine a bad idea?  (Read 3271 times)

ZigZagGal

Cold medicine a bad idea?
« on: February 05, 2008, 02:53:19 pm »
Hi all-
I've had what I hope is a minor set back.   The good news:  three days ago my balance was the best it's ever been since all this started last Sept!  Wow did that feel liberating!  THe bad news:  Unfortunately today, it is back to the worst it's ever been.  I attribute it to a sinus/cold/throat thing that I've been fighting for about a week.  Took some Nyquil before bed on Sunday and woke up Monday a little "off'.  Went to work and lasted only a few hours and was so unsteady that I couldn't walk down the hall without hanging on....had to have someone drive me home.  Stayed home today as my cold hit full steam......felt really rotten, so broke down and took more Nyquil and a few hours later, again with unsteadiness, vertigo and jumpy eyes. I'm not sure that the medicine is causing it, but I'm done taking it!!  We'll see what happens.
Anyone had this happen before- with a cold virus or medicine?  Did it last long?   
Gotta quit, I'm a spinnin!!
Tracie
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world"
Gandhi

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Cold medicine a bad idea?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:03:14 pm »
Yup!!!

Nyquil is nasty.  I took it long before the AN and had the same reaction as you.  The jumpy eyes drove me nuts.  I only take advil cold and sinus now and only if I absolutely have to.

I came down with a gastineral intestinal bug early yesterday morning.  I literally did not know which end was up or should I say down.  Talk about make your head spin.  Things have settled but I'm feeling very weak.  Sent hubby for some good old chicken noodle soup.  Hope it stays where its suppose to!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

tony

Re: Cold medicine a bad idea?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 02:07:49 pm »
I think I would add that anyone who has had a balance
or hearing nerve removed/damaged, or just plain bruised
will find "colds" a whole different story
Basically the one fully functional balance nerve
will struggle with all the soft-tissue-swelling that a cold can bring
any meds that reduce swelling will help
- but basically its time to take it easy