Author Topic: Fully Endoscopic AN Removal  (Read 2643 times)

LisaA

Fully Endoscopic AN Removal
« on: August 11, 2008, 01:28:55 pm »
Hi everyone,

Could anyone who's had a fully endoscopic procedure to remove their AN post here with their experiences?  This looks like a really great option, but it must be fairly new, as very few sites mention it along with Middle Fossa, Retrosigmoid or Translabarynthine as a surgical treatment.

Thanks!

Lisa
Diagnosed 7/31/08
10mm x 5mm on Right Side
Surgery w/ Dr. Fukushima 9/26
No Surgery-related Hearing Loss
No Facial Paralysis
No Balance Issues (after about the 2nd - 3rd week post op)

jerseygirl

Re: Fully Endoscopic AN Removal
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 03:06:56 pm »
Lisa,

A member named Ixta has a detailed description of his experience. Use a search function to look for him as he does not post on the forum now usually. You can also find his experience if you log on to www.thestatus.com with id h and password biologyfly06. Hope you get what you are looking for.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

chopper

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 01:37:06 pm »
I another one who's had the 100% endo procedure, same doc as Ixta.  Here's the post I made about it that's been achived.  Hope it helps some.  This is all pretty daunting stuff to research and learn about.

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=1988.0
3+cm AN, hit the chopping block 5 Sep 06 at the Skull Base Institute

Was 4.5cm at it's largest point, completely removed.  All motor functions normal.  Only complaint is SSD on the left side, which was expected anyway.

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 03:25:49 pm »

Hi Lisa,
we must be in the same boat!

A few days ago I posted an inquiry about the endoscopic procedure and here is the link to my thread

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=7171.0

Hope you will find some useful information there too. I will check yours but not right now because I am dying for a sound nap (it is 12:30 am here and I am at work tomorrow :( )

Will let you know when I have more information!
Please keep me updated too!
Thank you
Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co