Author Topic: Visit to the neurosurgeon today  (Read 1465 times)

Charlotte Lady

Visit to the neurosurgeon today
« on: January 24, 2008, 12:58:38 am »
I had my three month visit today..well really four months but who's counting?  It went well.  He explained that my memory problems are not surgery related as he operated about as far for my memory area as is possible.  He suggested my writing problems (dyslexia type stuff) might arise from a very mild dyslexia that I had been able to compensate for.  Now that I'm a little stressed, I no longer am able to supress it.

Interestingly enough, the one big thing he stressed was for me to get out and exercise-brisk walk, aerobics, swimming..anything to get my heart rate to about 2/3 of my maximum rate.  He estimated my max is @180, and hte rate I should be trying to acheive is 120.  Those who know me know I hate exercise.  I don;t mind weight lifting, stuff like that.  I hate exercise of a speed typep-walking, running, treadmill, bicycling.  You get the picture.

I also found out my tumor was 1.4 cm.  Bigger than I thought. 

Donna

1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Visit to the neurosurgeon today
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 08:41:12 am »
Hi Donna:  I have heard(no pun intended) from a very reliable neurologist, that not only does memory lie in the hippocampus, but also in the temporal medial area, which is very near to where we are operated on.  So, once again, the doc's have different views.
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 12:27:52 pm »
Hi Donna,

I know some of the folks here (Captn Deb and many others) that attended last summer's ANA Symposium in Philly and that cognitive issues were discussed... there have been discussions here as well on the forum boards.  Lots of responses by dr's.... but, who really know?   ???  Would be great if we did.......

*remembers need to phone the eye dr to set up appt*

gotta run!
Phyl :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Charlotte Lady

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 09:39:06 pm »
Phyl,
Ya made me laugh. 
I gotta remember to set up my MRI... or maybe not.  Having an MRI is what got this party started in the first place.

Next week is the first week since the beginning of the year where neither one of us has a doctor's appointment. 

Donna, happy one of my appointments this year doesn't include a colonoscopy :)
1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.