Author Topic: Science Research survey help  (Read 1496 times)

Battyp

Science Research survey help
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:57:22 am »
My son needs about 30 more surveys to valdiate his study. If you haven't filled on out will you please help a budding scientist out. You can be a radiosurgery patient, microsurgery or wait and watcher, or NF2 the survey is for informational purposes and most of the questions are a yes or no answer. I know number 2 has thrown quite a few of us off. He's asking if your tumor interferred with any of your lobes. Mine involved my pons, 4th ventricle and CP angle, displacing the brain stem. Some have had their tumors higher in the temporarl area. Yes, he knows the tumor starts on the nerve.

If you have taken the time to do this THANK YOU!
You can do a copy paste of as some have done they just answered with 1 - 16. Either way is fine. If you would like me to send you a survery directly shoot me an pm and I'll be more than happy to do so. He has until about Feb. 1st to get the remaining ones he needs to have this count.

Thanks in advance!
Michelle

The  Cognitive Effects of an Acoustic Neuroma Survey
(All surveys will be anonymous and will not require you to provide your name however; I will ask you to please add your age (if you feel comfortable to) so I may set up an age bracket for my research on Acoustic Neuromas.)
1.   Are you a male or a female?
2.   Which cerebral lobe(s) is your tumor located on?
3.   Prior to your diagnosis, did you suffer from headaches? If yes to #3 what was the intensity of your headaches on a scale of 1-10? (1 being very minimal and 10 being immobilizing)   
4.   Did you headaches lead to an MRI diagnosing your Acoustic Neuroma?
5.   At any time before your diagnosis, did you experience uncontrollable changes in mood? 
6.   Did your doctor send you for an MRI scan based on this symptom?
7.   Prior to your diagnosis, did you find you could not remember short-term items?
8.   Prior to your diagnosis, did you find you could not remember long-term items?
9.   Did your symptoms of memory loss lead to the discovery of your acoustic neuroma.
10.    Prior to your diagnosis of your acoustic neuroma did you experience a mild to severe form of depression?
11.   Did your doctor send you for a MRI or PET scan due to your depression? Or did he give you prescription medicine for it?
12.   Did you experience insomnia prior to your diagnosis?
13.   Did your insomnia lead to sleep test that helped in your diagnosis of an acoustic neuroma?
14.   Did you ever feel like you had trouble concentrating on a task?
15.   Did having trouble concentrating lead to the diagnosis of ADD/HD or the acoustic neuroma?
16.   Based on the symptoms you showed were you diagnosed for those only or did your doctor send you for further test?