Author Topic: Antidepressants  (Read 20631 times)

linny

• still problems, 3yrs later
Re: Antidepressants
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2008, 11:06:53 pm »
 :o OMG  Look I answered this twice I guess my memory(AN) isnt wHAT IT USED TO BE.  sorry you all. L
Linda-2yr post AN 3-cm left side.  OHSU hospital , slow recovery for me. But then I had to have 2 surgeries with complications swelling of brain,

danijake

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2008, 06:20:28 am »
It happens!!!! ;D

Kathleen_Mc

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2008, 03:08:15 am »
I have been on anti-depressants, one's with an element of anti-anxiety properties, for most of the years since my orginal surgery. My sergeon told me that brain surgery will put the neurotransmitters out of wack and they may never rebalance. I was treated for a period for post traumatic stress disorder, rather sucessfully, but have continued to need meds (was off them during the pregnancies etc). I don't think prozac would be a good choice as it tends to be stimulating and would increase anxiety.....as do most of the newer antidepressants (SSRI"S) but that being said I have been well treated with them. For those who have a sleeping problem many of the older antidepressants can be used along side to help sleep without the nasty side effects and addiction that s=comes with hypnotics.
If yas' need the pills.....take the pills!
Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)