Author Topic: physicians in Maryland  (Read 3093 times)

elderbirds

physicians in Maryland
« on: January 19, 2008, 09:51:39 am »
Hi,
I am newly diagnosed and looking into the surgery option.  I met with one MD at Johns Hopkins, have another consult with someone at University of Maryland Medical Center.  I am also a healthcare professional and know that these are both fine institutions, but I haven't heard mention of either place.  I can't afford to travel cross county for treatment.  Just wondering if anyone out there has any insight to MDs in my area.  Also, are there any others docs performing edoscopically on the East Coast?  Everyone had been a wealth of knowledge and encouragement.

Raven

Re: physicians in Maryland
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 03:53:09 pm »
If it is Dr. Eisenman at the University of MD. Medical Center, you are in very good hands. I'm / was bilateral.........in November I had the left side AN removed and 8 days later had bone decompression done on the right side. Both were via the middle fossa approach, minimum left side facial issues that went away in about a week after the first surgery, no issues on the right side. I personally know someone else who had the middle fossa approach done by Dr. Eisenman and she came away with all of her hearing being preserved, I can't thank him enough.

John
7/10/07 hearing gone in left ear overnight
7/25/07 diagnosed with bilateral acoustic neuromas - aka NF2
11/7/07 left side tumor removal via middle fossa - 12 hrs.
11/15/07 right side decompression via middle fossa - 8 hrs.
Dr. Eisenman - University of Maryland Medical Center

elderbirds

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 04:50:22 pm »
Raven,
thanks for your reply, I have a consult with Dr. Eisenman in a few weeks and look forward to seeing what he has to say.

missmolecule

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:16:28 am »
Does anyone have recommendations for doctors in Houston, Texas?