Author Topic: One Year since Surgery  (Read 2468 times)

SteveWWD

• www.myacousticneuroma.com
    • http://www.myacousticneuroma.com
One Year since Surgery
« on: January 01, 2008, 12:05:54 pm »
UPDATE:
I had surgery for my acoustic neuroma removal on November 20th.  It is now been a year, and I feel great.  Life has not slowed down one bit.  In the past year I have gotten married, had a child, built about a half dozen websites, advanced in my career, continued an MBA program, and started a second bachelors degree. Needless to say, this surgery has not slowed me down

Desilu

Re: One Year since Surgery
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 12:11:40 pm »
HI Steve,

Seems like life has only gotten better for you. Congratulations on another success story! Keep moving forward! Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 03:07:59 pm »
Steve -

it's wonderful to hear that your life has taken so many positive turns in the past year.  You're living proof that an AN doesn't have to be a negative experience.  I've been putting off returning to school for my Masters - figured I'd do that last year and then was diagnosed - but your story may be just the inspiration I need to get me moving.

Thanks for sharing,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 06:01:31 am »
Congratulations Steve!  Continued success to you and keep us posted on all of the great things happening in your life.  We love uplifting stories!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

lori67

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:34:33 am »
Wow Steve!  You've been a busy guy!  It's making me tired just reading the things you've done this past year!  Good for you!  I hope you continue achieving at warp speed (but don't forget to relax and enjoy your new family too!).

Maybe they poured a little caffeine in before they stitched you back up.

Lori   ::)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 03:36:30 pm »
Great to hear from you Steve, I am almost a year post op and will be returning to school to finish my masters starting with the summer session. I'm not quite the go getter you are, you're an inspiration! The college did give me some very much appreciated assistance, like my textbooks on CD, Pre registration so I could get day classes(night driving is a little scary) , extra time to take tests and the best thing...the profs will wear a mic that only I have the ear piece to hear them with. Now it won't matter if they turn away from me while speaking, or if there are other noises etc to interfere. Forward, forward, forward we go! Congrats again on everything-hey what's that baby's name?

Best wishes, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

OMG16

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 04:30:13 pm »
Great news you have accomplished so much in a year!  I'ld like to have some of your energy.  To top it off now you have a child this is such a blessing for you and your wife.  I wish you continued success, the happiness and  love you deserve!  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.