Author Topic: Strange seizure type symptoms 6 years post-op?  (Read 2059 times)

sherry6

Strange seizure type symptoms 6 years post-op?
« on: December 30, 2007, 09:43:38 pm »
Hello everyone -

I am trying to narrow down a "new" problem that has started occurring about 4 months ago.  I am 6 yrs post op, 2.5 AN removed with translab approach.  I had a very successful surgery and seemed to recover well.  I have had small issues occur occasionally, but nothing big until now and I am trying to determine if this new one is related to the AN surgery as it could be neurological.  I had a strange seizure type thing happen.  It started with my vision of the room in front of me sliding upwards, then it felt like someone just pushed me down to the floor, like severe vertigo.  I couldn't really stand back up for several minutes or talk and I had a sharp pain in the top of my head to the left (surgery side).  Since the big incident, it has occurred several times in smaller versions.  I saw the family doctor and he checked for heart problems (stroke) to no avail, and I have an MRI scheduled next week.  It felt very weird.  Anyone else have anything similiar?

Thanks!
Sherry

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Strange seizure type symptoms 6 years post-op?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 06:41:27 am »
Ah, welcome to one of the reasons I take Topamax!  Mine started abouted three months out from the surgery (translab 3.5).  It took three neurologists and several different tests to get me on the right road.  Still don't know what causes them.  Several say stress.  Seems to be the answer for everything.  Good luck.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

sherry6

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 08:17:12 pm »
Thank you for your response!  Are your seizures anything like I described?  What did the neurologists do to find out what was wrong or did they ever identify what was wrong? 

sherry6

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 08:19:52 pm »
I have an MRI scheduled later this week...  What tests did they do for you?

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 05:59:40 am »
Sherry,

I blank out for several minutes at a time.  I had a sleep study (three different kinds, three different times) EEG's, stress tests, MRI's CAT scans, the works.  So far, they have not found the reason for the blank outs, just that the Topamax stops them and helps prevent my headaches.
Good luck with your tests.  I'm keeping you in my prayers.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT