Author Topic: I rode SPACE MOUNTAIN on Thursday :)  (Read 4143 times)

candtlaw

I rode SPACE MOUNTAIN on Thursday :)
« on: December 29, 2007, 09:01:00 pm »
We were at Disney for the day and oh my you guys, I didn't think I would be able to do it and walk away! lol.. We vacationed in Fl for the holiday, great time... but I am so proud of me, I DID IT! I had a little trouble in the line with it being dark and the incline of the floors prior and I won't like, kinda dizzy after but it wasn't enough to ruin my day or trip! I just had to share :)

edited to add, I was pretty freaked about the plane trip too and did fine :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 09:06:14 pm by candtlaw »
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)

lori67

Re: I rode SPACE MOUNTAIN on Thursday :)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 11:01:22 pm »
Wow.  I was proud of myself for surviving the Merry go Round, but Space Mountain sure tops that!  That's great.  Only fellow AN-ers would appreciate how big a deal something like that can be!!

I haven't taken any plane trips since my surgery, but will probably be flying to NJ when my Mom has surgery next month - and I am freaked out about it too.  I think if my husband were going too, I would be okay, but since I'll be going alone I'm kinda worried.

Congratulations on your wild rides!  Now you know you can do ANYTHING!!
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 10:37:49 am »
Cyndi - that's great news.  Congratulations!!!!

Lori -  don't worry about the plane ride.  I flew from Chicago to Denver about 10 weeks post op and didn't have any problems.  My titanium plate and screws didn't set off the metal detectors either. The doctors said they wouldn't, but I was a little nervous about that anyway.  I envisioned myself having to explain my AN, my brain surgery, etc., and wondering if anyone would believe my story.   ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 11:02:22 am »
Oh, I hadn't even thought of the metal detectors!  I guess they probably would have been a bit suspicious when you said it was the metal plate in your head!!  I guess it's a good thing I don't have that and at least they can see the metal screw from my BAHA implant!

I think the biggest concern I have is that my good ear will get all clogged like my ears usually do on a flight, and then i will essentially will be completely deaf until it clears up.  Although being deaf in Newark Airport might not be a bad thing.  I guess neither of you had that problem?

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

candtlaw

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 06:42:49 pm »
thanks Jan and Lori :)  Its a ANer thing, huh?? lol.......... Try not to worry about the plane ride too much. Youll do fine. It will be THE BEST feeling after you have done it and proven it to yourself. I am sorry that your husband won't be with you. That has to be a bit more difficult than my ride.... I admit I did hang on to him and was distracted a bit by the 2 year old as well. He has a nut allergy and I was busy telling everyone from the checkin people to the pilot! I did the merry go round too. It was ok when I just kept my eyes on the family and did not look off the ride.....   
Cyndi

Pembo

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 08:48:27 am »
We went to WDW one year after surgery and I rode EVERYTHING! I actually think the rides were less dizzying than the dark! lol

Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

candtlaw

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 09:51:51 am »
WOW! I am in awe..............  That is really awsome. I wish we had more time there as we just spent the one day. We left in the afternoon a little for a nap too...... lol.
Cyndi

lori67

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 10:54:23 am »
Maybe the doctors should be prescribing a trip to Disney to all their AN patients - sounds like a great form of vestibular therapy.

Lori

candtlaw

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 09:55:56 pm »
I think you may be on to something there Lori :)  Very interesting thought............. lol
Cyndi

lori67

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2008, 10:23:46 am »
Oh, yes, I'm just full of great ideas!!  :D

I told my husband I want to go to Disney so I can go on all the rides.  He just rolled his eyes.  He does that alot when he hears my "great" ideas.

Happy New Year!!! 
Lori

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2008, 03:13:51 pm »

A trip to WDW would definitely be a great thing - haven't been there in a few years and the kids are itching to go.  Wonder if my insurance company would cover that if I had my doctor recommend it  ??? LOL

Heck, at this point, I'm stilling waiting to hear if they'll pay for my BAHA surgery.  Don't think they'd be too open to funding a vacation to WDW.   ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

candtlaw

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 09:23:19 pm »
Happy New Year to you ladies as well....... Hoping 2008 is a good one for all :)  Heck, maybe we could put together a WDW trip for the future together and all ANers welcome... oh what fun!
Cyndi

Cheryl R

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 09:39:47 am »
The 2005 AN symposium was at Disney World.       Had a great time and I want to go back but not in June with the humdity.              It was my first visit there and loved it.       I only went on some of the rides.          So much to see so makes it a tiring trip.
                                        Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

candtlaw

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 10:24:41 am »
oh how cool........ I bet June was awful hot. I definatly prefer the cooler months......
Cyndi