Author Topic: Does anyone use testosterone  (Read 3663 times)

OMG16

Does anyone use testosterone
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:27:42 pm »
I know this is not really a normal an question, but does any of the men on this forum use testosterone injections?  My son is having some difficulty with these injections.  He has just increased the dose from 2 times a month to 3 times and he is getting steroid headaches from this.  I believe anyways.  He is using this for hormone replacement due to his tumor is shutting down multiple hormones through out his body.  The patch is not an option for him.  He has a spike in testosterone and then slowly his levels come down so it is not very consistant with the injections.  Is there any other ways to administer this so that he does not have the peaks and troughs?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Does anyone use testosterone
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 05:41:09 pm »
My husband takes testosterone by gel form.  He rub it into both shoulders each morning and it works great.  His dosage is a daily one.  It is called Androgel.  I hope this helps.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

OMG16

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 01:30:18 pm »
Brenda thank you.  Maybe you could ask him for me does he notice any side affects at all that may have been dose related.  My son is so young that he is at his peak testosterone levels now and needs a higher dose and I believe this is whats causing the problems.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 04:13:29 pm »

No side affects, but he takes a very low dosage.  Have you read all of the literature that is available for that type of thing?  The company calls about once a week for my husband checking on him.  He has been on it for two months and has lost twelve pounds, developing mucsle mass where it was gone, no more aching shoulders, hair is growing on his legs again and his moods are so much better that if his doctor was a man I would kiss him!  I am not allowed to even touch the box or bottle it comes in.  I hope this helps. Good luck.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT