Author Topic: what surgeons have done many of these in the pacific northwest??  (Read 2633 times)

kelsi

what surgeons have done many of these in the pacific northwest??
« on: December 26, 2007, 05:03:17 pm »
I received many nice replies to one of my concerns about quality of life post-treatment concerning my SO who was just diagnosed. We are in the Pacific Northwest--I have learned MUCH about this condition in the last few days but I'll have to stop short of doing the surgery on him myself (although I do like to manage his life :) Has anyone had surgery or radiosurgery in this area? The greater Seattle area? Especially a surgeon that will actually discuss things and considers his/her patients somewhat equally as intelligent and able to make a decision--
kelsi (and we had an AWESOME Christmas!)

OMG16

Re: what surgeons have done many of these in the pacific northwest??
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 09:26:36 pm »
What area in the Pacific Northwest?  We are 22 miles north of Seattle.  There are many good Doctors in the area.  They even had a news story on Komo regarding a new surgical procedure that Fred Hutch has had a great outcome with.  If you watch Komo Kathy Goertzson (spelling?) had an AN and had it successfully removed 2 times.  Dr Ojeman and Dr Ellenbogen are considered top in the field of Neurosurgery and are very patient freindly.  Dr Sanford Wright and Dr Blue are also excellent they are in the Everett area and at least 20 years ago Dr Wright was one of the only Neurosurgeons authorized to perform neurosurgery on the President. 

I'm sure that you have read some of my posts and please do not let them scare you.  My son's surgery was out of the norm and only happens in rare cases.  If you do your homework and get allot of information and make sure your surgeons talk to each other then I'm sure you and SO will do just fine.  I along with many others here know exactly what you are going through and are more than willing to help you with this.  If you would like to talk just PM me and we can talk on the phone or via private email if you wish.

I wish you a very happy New Year and remember that there is life after a brain tumor diagnosis.  In our case even with not the outcome we would had hoped for it is a better life than we had before.   16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.