Author Topic: questions about issues pre-operation  (Read 7552 times)

sgerrard

Re: questions about issues pre-operation
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 11:26:09 am »
Hey bpham, great update! The trip to Vietnam sounds like it was a great idea, just the thing to take your mind off of all the changes that have happened. I know what you mean about the opposite side hearing; I get a little loss there sometimes, and can't see how that could happen, but what exactly goes on inside your head is always a bit of a mystery. Its wonderful that you are back to 100% on that side.

I am curious whether you will investigate any of the hearing devices for SSD, like BAHA. Although my left ear will probably not go all the way to 0%, it is probably going to be pretty low, and I will be semi-SSD, or whatever that should be called.

If you are almost back to normal at 8 weeks, you are doing great. I would be a little tired too every day if I had to drive home for an hour through LA traffic. That's not the AN, that is just life in the modern world.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

bpham

Re: questions about issues pre-operation
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 01:44:18 pm »
Steve,

I'm OK with the SSD and do not plan to look for anything soon.  However, as advancement in technology creates new and better devices, I may be interested.  But the current available devices can be improved more and it seems that BAHA is the best one so far but does require a surgery and I'm not ready for another surgery yet.

I'll wait and see.
1cm AN on the left side.  Surgery was on Oct 2007 at HEI.  Currently having issue with it, may be a CFS leak.  Not feeling too well.