Author Topic: Thank You Everyone  (Read 1399 times)

Susy

• Still laughing!
Thank You Everyone
« on: December 12, 2007, 07:39:47 am »
Hi, it's Susy from Canada.  My MRI with contrast and CAT scan showed no growth(s) whatsoever.  I have no acoustic neuroma to be found.  The doc said they will never know the cause of my hearing loss, numbness, plugged feeling and pain - but will continue to monitor it every 6 months.  He said it could be something tiny in the membranes that won't be found until after death/autopsy and I promised to leave him my ears ... so like having poor eyesight, I have poor hearing in one ear.  The balance issue will be ongoing, and I now have to go have an endocsopy for my swallowing problems.  So I am clear for an ANA and am grateful for all the support and advice I received while I was waiting to find out - you are amazing people and I wish you all the very best no matter what you face in life - stay strong. 
"Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans" ...

satman

Re: Thank You Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:56:43 am »
Congrats Susy, that is great news.
While I believe you DR read your reports accurate,I would be curious about the after death statement.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Susy

• Still laughing!
Re: Thank You Everyone
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:18:30 am »
Hi Satman, that was the third time the ENT/OLG made that statement to me, he said it at each of my appts.  My take on it was that because genetically something in my system is interfering with my hearing - and it is nothing they are going to see now by MRI or CAT scan - it would be so minute - and he "jokingly" said that statement about the autopsy being the only way of every finding out what interfered with my hearing.  It isn't from a virus, it isn't from working in a loud environment or listening to loud music, my nerves are fine and he said it is "genetic" and come to fruition.  Perhaps his way of dealing with things is dark humour?  He followed up his statement each time with "but we don't wish that to happen" so I think it is a standard "joke" of his.  Meant to relax the patient ... making it seem unimportant.  I wasn't impressed but I find most physicians so overworked and weird that I have no interest in analyzing their oddities.
"Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans" ...