Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 1609 times)

linnilue

Merry Christmas
« on: December 24, 2007, 08:50:40 pm »
Let me wish all of my commrades a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Year's.  We all mean so much to one in another in all our times of crisis and need and a simple friendly (all-knowing) shoulder to cry on.   Let's all remember what we have all come through and say a quiet thank you for all we have recieved.  Happy Holidays, Holly   
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 09:01:59 pm »
Thank you, Holly. 

I caught your post just as I was preparing to log off the computer and go enjoy Christmas Eve with my wife and a family friend who is staying overnight. 

Allow me to extend a similar sentiment to all my ANA friends;   Merry Christmas!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

satman

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 09:26:53 am »
Merry Christmas everybody and I hope we all have a better year,we deserve it.
Normally I would complain,as I am working today [xmas],but going through all the A.N crap,I feel blessed just to be able to do it.
If you are just starting your post op days ,you will go through quite a bit,physical/emotional but please believe me when I say 'TIME WILL HEAL AND YOU MUST BE PATIENT" I am far from over this ,but some type of normalcy does eventually present itself. God Bless.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Charlotte Lady

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 10:09:27 am »
I, too, am enjoying my first Christmas post op.   I am thankful for so many things...friends and co-workers who try to understand, and you guys who do understand.   I've discovered challenges are just things to overcome or work around, not things to stop me.   I've also discovered sometimes it's best to admit my limitations and ask for help than persist on a course. 
The "Grand Adventure" has changed me..hopefully mostly for the better. 

So Merry Christmas, my friends!   

Donna 
1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.