Author Topic: headache S/P MRI with contrast today  (Read 3486 times)

HCSTARWIND

• attitude is 90%
headache S/P MRI with contrast today
« on: November 28, 2007, 02:43:21 pm »
Had my MRI today. It took an hour. They did contrast . Looking at Brain and C-spine for any other issues other than my AN on the left. I have a terrible headache. This hasn't happened before ( with the previous MRI's). ??? Has anyone experienced this. It is the worst headache ever. I have been drinking alot of H2O to see if that helps. Now I wait again for answers. My face is numb on the left and the tinnitus is constant and LOUD! Sorry, I need to vent. Maybe ,I'll just go back and lay down. My best to all. Helen
Dx, AN left IAC, 3x9x2x3mm. Now 5x5mm , Nov. 07. Watch and wait for now.

Sheryl

Re: headache S/P MRI with contrast today
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 06:51:41 pm »
Hope you are feeling better - you can "vent" as much as you want.
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: headache S/P MRI with contrast today
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 09:50:10 pm »
Helen,

I take it that your numbness and headaches are new. unlikely to be a result of the MRI (but hey, I'm no quack) hopefully it is a temp thing and will go away. If it doesn't, you may need to talk to your medicos about attacking your AN.

keep us posted

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz