Author Topic: Oh goody. Another MRI  (Read 3891 times)

Mark H

Oh goody. Another MRI
« on: November 13, 2007, 10:31:58 pm »
Something, maybe my neck tumors have been causing an extreme amount of pain the last few days. I had to leave work Friday and again Monday. I did make it all the way through Saturday. (Thank God for pain pills  ;D) Today was a day off. My regular Dr wasn't in yesterday but the one I saw set up my MRI. I was going for my regular one early next year anyway, the Dr decided to go ahead and do it now because of the pain. They're going to do head, neck, and spine, doing it in 2 appointments. First one is Friday night, then the rest Saturday morning. I had the lower spine done in June due to a work injury, but this one will be the whole thing since they did find a tumor at the L5 level when they did it in June. Not what they were looking for at the time, but since it was there I figure I might as well get the rest of my spine checked as long as I'm going to be there anyway. Since I just had an NF related MRI done in Febuary I sure hope insurance will cover this one. June's was covered by Labor and Industries as it was a work injury. This one's on my nickel, so I sure hope it's covered.   
Mark

tony

Re: Oh goody. Another MRI
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:48:55 pm »
OK - Good Luck with the MRI
The NF2 type tumours can cause pain by restricting the blood
supply (headaches for sure)
Sometimes meds that thin the blood a bit or reduce swelling
- Asprin type - can help - but dont overdo it ?
Also pay a bit more attention to posture and sitting
or postions - basically you may find one pattern
produces the pain on demand
You may be able to manage your way around that one
Best Regards
Tony (NF2)

Jeff

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:51:24 pm »
Mark,
Did you get your MRI results yet?
Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08

Mark H

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:49:18 pm »
Jeff,
no results yet. If I haven't heard anything in a day or 2 I guess I'll call and try o find out.
Mark