Author Topic: neurontin  (Read 2578 times)

lynnie

neurontin
« on: November 12, 2007, 07:16:38 pm »
Has anyone successfully used neurontin to ease AN pain (ear, temple, neck) while watching and waiting?
Columbia, Missouri. Newly diagnosed with 6.4 mm X 3.9 mm X 3 mm IAC AN.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: neurontin
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 01:28:58 pm »
Hi lynnie and welcome.

I have been on neurontin for quite a while now to ease all forms of pain I endure due to multiple diagnosis.  At this stage, I do not feel it is doing anything more for me. My dr's wanted to up the dosage, but due to meds sensitivities I have, I cannot....

If you go to the Search option here and do a search on Neurontin, you will see many discussions that have taken place on the forums in the past.  I hope they help.

Again, welcome.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

linnilue

Re: neurontin
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 11:12:40 pm »
Maybe you both should try Lyrica.  I was given it for shingles but it has helped my AN issues immensely.  I can now walk withour a cane (it's been 3 years), I don't have wierd feelings in my head all the time, the wether doesn't make me feel like my head will explode, I walk without tripping and I generally feel so much better.  It also took away the pain from fibromyalgia.  I howp this helps both of you.  It might be worth a try.  Holly
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.