Author Topic: Tears  (Read 4715 times)

er

Tears
« on: November 04, 2007, 07:59:05 pm »
My surgery of my left side acoustic naroma removal was done on March 28,2005
here lately I have been very fatigue allot and depressed because of several deaths of friends and family and negative things going on in my life. 
I broke down today, and I had tears in my left side. It has also been kind a burning also, I assume because of allergies.
I woke up from a 3 hour nap and my left side of my mouth had more movement. wow it really makes me feel good
eve

Boppie

Re: Tears
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:20:26 pm »
Evelia, It does seem surprising to suddenly have tears, I agree.  I was having lunch a few weeks ago with my family. I blinked and a big tear literally popped out of my tear duct and landed on my plate.  I could hear this thing make a little tick sound when it popped.  My daughter laughed and said she saw it too!  I don't cry from that side although I don't suffer from dry eye at all.
Who could make this stuff up?

er

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 11:40:09 am »
to us it is a big deal  ... AWESOME

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 03:00:56 pm »
Eve,

I was raised in a “maintain the British stiff-upper-lip� family where one was supposed to suppress tears and emotions.

I think tears are healthy … often after tears have pent up and they flow – we feel so much better after a good cry.

It is hard when there is negativity in one’s life and it is good that you can reach out -to others.

Eve I suggest that you rent this little DVD that is supposed to be for kids – but I found it very inspiring because of the positive conclusion

Meet the Robinsons
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/meettherobinsons/

I hope that it helps the tears flow not just from sadness …but from laughter too.

Keep moving forward.

Cheers,
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

lil_lyd

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 07:18:52 pm »
I feel great after reading Evelia's comment about tearing. I currently don't have tears but about 2 weeks ago my right eye (surgery side) had one tear and I was surprised and really happy.
2.5cm diagnosed 11/06. Translab surgery 02/21/07 at Kaiser San Diego. SSD and very blessed.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 11:13:27 pm »
same here, surgery end of Sept 2004, no tears since, totally dry eye. Need to put drops in frequently. Wake with eye glued to eye lid many mornings, and know I am doing damage to my cornea.  Then suddenly about 4 months ago, I got some tears, as well as my AN side nostril started running, as if I had allergies, but only in the AN side. I have not had any moisture in the AN side since before surery. Very weird.  Then out of nowhere I started having these episodes of the inside of my cheek leaking. Like a faucet is suddenly tunrned on and then this salty tasting water just flows out of my mouth, faster than I can swallow it. Lasts anywhre from 2 hours to 2 days. Very weird. The Neuro chekced it out with no conclusion. MY Own Take On It.... The tears that are not coming out of your eye are storing up somewhere and eventually need to relaese and they do so through your cheak/mouth.

Comments?????

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

er

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 12:51:35 am »
Hello all ,
Thank you for the replyes,
I am going to have to watch the Robinsons with my 10 & 24 year old we 3 love these kind of shows
I missed this one @ the theater

My tears are not all the time, but once in a while, it has to be in a great emotion I notice like today when grandpa said I miss my sweetheart, and she passed 3 weeks from my dad death a month ago.

We all on this forum are very blessed because we have become a family of a few thousand sharing the same emotions and consoling each other. Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving
eve