Author Topic: dental problems  (Read 3002 times)

Karen

dental problems
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:22:12 pm »
How are you all dealing with the dental problems that go along with the facial paralysis.  I just came from the dentist and they said I have a lot of plaqcue (Spelling) especially on the side I don't chew on.  I already use             biote toothpaste and mouthwash and have a battery powered toothbrush.  I also have the numb side to deal with.  Scares me I don't want I alot of cavities!!!  Any suggestions? 
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: dental problems
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 04:49:13 pm »
Hi Karen: I had a dental appt. yesterday - I was told early on to floss everyday (something I hate but now do religiously) - pay special attention when brushing (electric toothbrush) to the AN side due to decreased saliva.   My 'pockets' have improved since I floss EVERY night.  However, a few months back it looked like their was bone trying to jut thru my lower gum (that has disappeared), & yesterday upper palate to the right looks like a 'bump' there - the dentist examined it, took xray, & said they'd call if I needed to come in sooner than my regular 3-4 month cleaning (no news is good news).  We have to take extra special care of our teeth with the decreased saliva, etc.
As Pattibobatti says, 'are we having fun yet?'
Take care,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

er

Re: dental problems
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 12:43:37 am »
I had just posted this on the 23 of this month.

1  General Category / AN Issues / Re: nerve regeneration?  On: October 23, 2007, 03:15:14 AM

I have not had the surgery. I do know that when I am having healing going on in my head that is how it feels. It makes you jump from your sit.I have gone through some good ones the past 3 weeks.I am 2 years 6 months in recovery. This last week I went to a dentist because for 2 weeks after a plane trip my left side of my jaw and teeth were really hurting. I had no sinuses problems, and the dentist said he couldn't find anything wrong. By the time I saw him the pain had subsided. Then a couple of nights ago, not only with the firing in my head, I all so got up in the middle of the night feeling like I was on a rocking ship. I couldn't stand. I had to grab onto the wall it felt so weird.I am blaming it all to nerve healing.

eve